How to record 2nd showing: Season Pass

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a seaon pass for some late night Cartoon Network show (by individual shows to include Futurama, Inuyasha(sic?), etc. Now this block is normally shown at 2300 & then repeated, at I believe, 0200. I would like the seaon pass to only record during the secon block. When I started the seaon passes, last week, the second showing was how I did it. Much to my chagrin I discovered that although both the 1st & 2nd showing would be there under "view episodes" in the season pass menu, none of them were selected to actually record. I had to manualy pick the second showing.

Is there any way to specify a preference when shows repeat (the same episode) on the same night?

lovswr said:
I have a seaon pass for some late night Cartoon Network show (by individual shows to include Futurama, Inuyasha(sic?), etc. Now this block is normally shown at 2300 & then repeated, at I believe, 0200. I would like the seaon pass to only record during the secon block. When I started the seaon passes, last week, the second showing was how I did it. Much to my chagrin I discovered that although both the 1st & 2nd showing would be there under "view episodes" in the season pass menu, none of them were selected to actually record. I had to manualy pick the second showing.

Is there any way to specify a preference when shows repeat (the same episode) on the same night?
Might be entirely different but on my SA tivo when you go into (to do list)
find the program you are recording and go to recording options. There you can state whether you want 1st run only, duplicate, rerun etc.

SOme shows don't add repeat to the description and Tivo thinks it's a first run.
Best thing is to do a manual recording. Set it up for the chanel, and time, then tell it to be recurring.

That's how I have to do SouthPark and The Daily Show.

Thank you both for your replies. Yes I know that I can go to the Season Pass & manually pick the later recording (TIVO seems to default to the earliset new episode of any given day) This is what I have been doing. My question was, is there any way to automatically force the later (or whichever showing) that I want.

Actually tonight I went in to manually change the episodes & I think my Tivo is learning. It had already picked some (but not all the time) of the later showings which are the ones that I want. I do this, becuase I may be watching TV when Adult Swim starts at 11:00 pm & I don't want to watch what I am recording. Also, some of these shows come on Sat & or Sun at a different time so manually recuring (I get the Daily Show the same way) is really, IMHO, not an option.

Side Bar :D If a program such as Family Guy, comes on two different channels, with different episodes on the same day, would I have to set two seperate seaon passes?

OK, is not the Season Pass channel agnostic? That is Futurama comes on Ch 17 & Cartoon Network. Would that require 2 season passes. I see that in the one season pass that i have, which is for Ch 17, under view episodes the shows on Cartoon Network are listed but not (automatically) recorded. I ask this, because I just saw the commercial for new Family Guy starting next Sunday on Fox at 2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts