How to remove Parental Lock

johnalan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
:confused: I just had 3 receivers installed a couple of weeks ago and had them all in one room for a short time. Well, somehow I must have put something in the parental lock code for one receiver only. Now, I can't get to the setup menu. And, of course, I have no earthly idea of what buttons I may have pushed for the parental lock code.
HOW CAN I RESET THE PARENTAL LOCK? (arrrrrgggghhhh!)
Thanks much.

You need to call VOOM csr and have them reset the parental lock for you. They know how to do this. It is the only way.

Mine ended up with parental lock enabled the other night and I didn't do anything as well. I just entered all 0's and it unlocked it.

mitpdub said:
Mine ended up with parental lock enabled the other night and I didn't do anything as well. I just entered all 0's and it unlocked it.

My parental lock got changed back to the default (0000) when the new software was downloaded.

johnalan said:
HOW CAN I RESET THE PARENTAL LOCK?
Just ask the parents! :D

(Sorry couldn't resist... As others mentioned above, try "0000". If this doesn't work, call VOOM and ask them to reset the pin. After that try "0000" again. If they won't be able to solve this for you, let me know. I will help.)

I'm also locked out also. I setup my own code then a short time later it no longer recognized it. Voom CSR reset the box about 6 times and for a short time all zero's worked then they would stop working. Voom is scratching their heads and says they will have a software programmer call in a couple of days. Anybody know of a fix?

Seems every time a receiver is reset, the parental lock becomes activated. The code to get in is 0 0 0 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)