How to replace a standard LNB with a Universal one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AK6000

Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hi There,

I am new to satellite world and related configuration. I have couple of systems to receive international programming in Ku band. One has single standard LNB and another one has dual one.

I purchased 2 new Universal LNB for these system. I started replacing my single DMS DVB321-SB LNB with my new GT-S40 Universal LNB I purchased from ebay.

After installation, on my receiver I changed the LNB type to Universal II with automatically picked my new L.O. rage of 9.75/10.6. My old DMS LNB's L.O. is 10.750. I changed nothing else.

Now nothing works :confused: What am I doing wrong?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see what receiver was involved here. With most receivers, you can change the satellite LNB type/LO freqs, diseqC switch positions, etc , and it will be applied to all saved channels, however there are exceptions.
My Coolsat 8100 doesn't work that way. It seems to have the sat parameters saved with each channel saved (this makes no sense). I'm not sure if the lnb type or LO freq is one of these settings, but I know that I had a bunch of channels saved, and switched switch ports, and expected to be able to just change that in the sat parameters, and I ended up having to re-scan everything.
Anyway, probably not the issue, but you aren't by chance using a Coolsat 8000/8100 are you? If so, I think chances are that you'll need to re-scan everything.
The other question is, you don't by chance have a 22KHz switch somewhere in the system do you? The univ lnbfs use 22khz.

My Coolsat 8100 doesn't work that way. It seems to have the sat parameters saved with each channel saved (this makes no sense). I'm not sure if the lnb type or LO freq is one of these settings, but I know that I had a bunch of channels saved, and switched switch ports, and expected to be able to just change that in the sat parameters, and I ended up having to re-scan everything.
Anyway, probably not the issue, but you aren't by chance using a Coolsat 8000/8100 are you? If so, I think chances are that you'll need to re-scan everything.

That was the weird quirk on the 8000/8100 that I didnt like. If you changed parameters you had to rescan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)