How to reset back to OTA ZIP code settings?

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just got the new software. I'm in Baltimore, and did a scan for DC channels. Now in my listing, I get all of the Baltimore and DC channels. However, I can not tune to channel 54 in Baltimore. I have awesome signal strength on this channel (91), and I can tune it with my Zenith HD tuner. But I get "no signal" with my Voom box.

Is there a way to erase the newly learned channels and go back to the old way of just using the mapped channels? I wonder if this would solve my problem?

The OTA scanning is also giving me a channel that does not exist (45-2). Not sure if this could be related or not?

-John

The mapped channels are still in your PG. You may hide the channels but not delete them. Are both your Zenith HD Tuner and the VOOM receiver using the same antenna with a splitter?

Sean Mota said:
The mapped channels are still in your PG. You may hide the channels but not delete them. Are both your Zenith HD Tuner and the VOOM receiver using the same antenna with a splitter?

Yup, same antenna. I'm getting 91 signal quality.

If the mapped channels are still in my PG, why does it list 54 as WB54-DT instead of WNUV-DT??? (old software version has it listed as WNUV-DT)

-John

jgantert said:
Yup, same antenna. I'm getting 91 signal quality.

If the mapped channels are still in my PG, why does it list 54 as WB54-DT instead of WNUV-DT??? (old software version has it listed as WNUV-DT)

-John

Send me an email Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us. This maybe incorrect db information in the software. Please explain the above in the email and include your full address.

Sean Mota said:
Send me an email Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us. This maybe incorrect db information in the software. Please explain the above in the email and include your full address.

Sean, now that the PG information has loaded, it is back to WNUV-DT, and it does contain the correct program guide info. I am still get the "no signal" message, tho.

Also, I now have DC stations in my PG, but they all contain (no info).

Any ideas? Maybe I just need a new box?

-John

OTA gets my local, but no program guide

I'm not 100% sure but I think I understand this. I now have the new software, so I can scan for OTA locals, but I will not see the PG info because my receiver is mapped to a specific list of limited channels. Is this correct? I live in nowhereville Indiana, but still get all the OTA channels from Indy. Until today, I only was able to get one channel. Now I get them all, like I did with my toshiba unit, but the guide says (no info). Installation info is still showing me mapped to the same area as before. I get PG info for the one OTA, but none of the others. I have put in a request with Voom 2 weeks ago to remap me, still nothing. I have the patients to wade it through, but the WAF 'wife acceptance factor' is about to reach its limit. Anyway, what do I need to do to get my local PG info. It shows up at the zap2it. The scan picks up the channels and they come through fine. I have soft rebooted twice to d/l the info after the scan.

Silly Rabbit said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think I understand this. I now have the new software, so I can scan for OTA locals, but I will not see the PG info because my receiver is mapped to a specific list of limited channels. Is this correct? I live in nowhereville Indiana, but still get all the OTA channels from Indy. Until today, I only was able to get one channel. Now I get them all, like I did with my toshiba unit, but the guide says (no info). Installation info is still showing me mapped to the same area as before. I get PG info for the one OTA, but none of the others. I have put in a request with Voom 2 weeks ago to remap me, still nothing. I have the patients to wade it through, but the WAF 'wife acceptance factor' is about to reach its limit. Anyway, what do I need to do to get my local PG info. It shows up at the zap2it. The scan picks up the channels and they come through fine. I have soft rebooted twice to d/l the info after the scan.

Silly rabbit. You probably sent me the information once before but you may send it again about the channels without PG information. Send them to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your full address.

jgantert said:
Sean, now that the PG information has loaded, it is back to WNUV-DT, and it does contain the correct program guide info. I am still get the "no signal" message, tho.

Also, I now have DC stations in my PG, but they all contain (no info).

Any ideas? Maybe I just need a new box?

-John

John it could be an RF conflict of channels. Did you send me the information? Let me inquire and I will let you know before you go ahead and change the box. It is weird that it was working before and now it is not.

Sean Mota said:
John it could be an RF conflict of channels. Did you send me the information? Let me inquire and I will let you know before you go ahead and change the box. It is weird that it was working before and now it is not.

Just emailed you the info.

Thanks again,
-John

Since we're talking about OTA channels, I got a question. I was playing with the OTA scanning on the box after I got up this morning and noticed that I can choose an RF channel to scan for the locals on. Well, when scanning on the default, 2 i think it was, it was a low signal around 80-ish. So I kept increasing the number till I hit 13 and the signal peaked at around 98 for locals, better than my Sat signal ;-). Now I have my local ABC channel on 2.1 for regular broadcasting, 2.2 for weather, 13.1 is same as 2.1 and 13.2 is same as 2.2. PQ seems to be the same on either channel, just one has a better signal. Oh yeh, the 13.1 and 13.2 don't show any PG info says 'No Data'. Did I screw it up or is this normal?

Augurr

Augurr,

is 13.1 and 13.2 regular digital channels for your area? Are they supposed to be the same for 2.1 and 2.2?

Sean Mota said:
Augurr,

is 13.1 and 13.2 regular digital channels for your area? Are they supposed to be the same for 2.1 and 2.2?

I have no clue. But they are the same thing on both channels. PQ doesn't seem to be any different so I dunno.

I'm not going crazy!!! :)

Good news, somebody posted the exact same problem as me on the Yahoo Voom group!!!

Phew, I'm not going crazy!!! :)

-John

The post:

Hey John! Hi neighbor!
I'm over here on Kent Island and have the exact same results with
now getting Balto & DC but lost the WB on 54. I have it fully in the
program guide, however and a strength of 99 it but says no signal
received, try later. Will be interested to see how your new box
does,
good luck with it!
Charli
ps I just love the two new 24/7 weather radar channels on the
substations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)