How to reset music database in Home Media

gjcavana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I have been using the Home media feature to play music from one of my Network storage devices and it has always worked great. My issue now is that I have cleaned up and removed a lot of the MP3s on my NAS and the Home media database still lists all of the media that has been removed. Does anyone know how to reset that database so it searches for new media and removes the listings for the old deleted stuff?...Thanks

There is nothing built-in to Dish's tool. I'm surprised it caches the information.... How long has it been since you cleaned up on the server side ?

I just deleted a bunch of stuff from the server two days ago. I have tried rebooting the hopper a couple of times and tried leaving the hopper at the home media menu hoping it would rescan but it never removes the listing for the deleted stuff.

Support for this is almost non-existent, as you may have guessed. What if you take your media server offline and then go into the Home Media app/menu on the Dish receiver ? Refresh it a time or two then exit it. Restart the media server and go back into the Dish menu.

I've actually tried deleting (just moved to look like it was all deleted.) everything on the server and did several refreshes over a few hours and then moved the stuff back but nothing changed.

What if you take your media server offline and then go into the Home Media app/menu on the Dish receiver ? Refresh it a time or two then exit it. Restart the media server and go back into the Dish menu.

That helped somewhat. After doing that a few times it removed the deleted locations from the folder list but still shows them in the artist list. I'll do this a few times and see if it continues to improve each time...Thanks!

What if you take your media server offline and then go into the Home Media app/menu on the Dish receiver ? Refresh it a time or two then exit it. Restart the media server and go back into the Dish menu.
Doing this several times with a restart of the hopper each time seemed to finally get the job done. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)