How to reset Remote?

belsokar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure how this happened, but I haven't used my 811 receiver for the better part of a month,...and it seems to have reset the remote code...so right now, my remote does not work with my 811 sat receiver...I'm not sure how I can manually check this,...or how to reset the remote...do I do this from the remote? or do I have to do it from the sat receiver by going through the sat receiver using the system setup menus?

thanks!

Check the code by holding the SAT button on the remote until all the buttons on the top light up and the SAT button keeps blinking.

Release.

Press # twice. Count the flashes.

This should give you the address of the remote.

Press the System Info button on the front of the 811.

See if the remote address is the same as the number of flashes.

If not, reset the code on the remote.

Resetting code:

Press and hold SAT button until the lights across the top blink and SAT button remains blinking.

Release.

Punch in a number between 1 and 16. (Or the remote address number on the Sys info screen)

Press #

SAT light should blink 3 times.

Press RECORD.

Done.

Resetting Remote

I have a Dish Network 301 remote with the same problem--can I reset it using the instructions you gave for the 811?

RTp said:
I have a Dish Network 301 remote with the same problem--can I reset it using the instructions you gave for the 811?

yes
The 301 only has 8 address codes, so it shoulodnt be too difficult to reset :)

There is a easy way to set the remote address to match the code on the receiver (works with all the new receiver):

1. Display the System Info screen by pressing the button on the front of the receiver.

2. Press and hold the "Sat" button on the remote for 3 seconds until all the four devices button become flashing, then release the button.

3. While buttons are flashing, Point the remote to the receiver, then press the red record button on the remote.

You are done.

After you have sync remote with the receiver, you can follow the normal procedures to change the code on the receiver/remote again, by:

1. have the received display the System Info screen;
2. press/hold the "Sat" until al the button flashing;
3. enter address code, ex. "08", then press "#". You should see the "Sat" flash three times to indicate the code has been accepted;
4. press the "Rec" button. You should see the System Info screen the remote address changed to the new number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)