How to Rotate Universal LNB on Motorised dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi guys , As everybody knows that a Universal LNB is designed for fixed dishes, I have a Paraclipse with H-H motor and a C/Ku Feedhorn Chaparral 3.6 m and it is very well aligned with all the satellites across the arc , so that I receive all channels vertical & horizontal of all these satellites from west to east . No problem with that . But because this C/Ku- Feedhorn uses Wideband LNB , therefore I removed the C/Ku Feedhorn and I replaced it with a Universale LNB to receive Ku-channels .

Therefore when the dish was facing west I attached a Universal LNB and I tilt it sideway 45 degree for better polarity , then I moved the dish alittle up while the dish is facing westwards I received all vertical & horizontal channels of all western satellites no problem with that , But the problem starts as the dish move and when it reached the middle of the arc some channels become very weak and some can not be received due to the changing of the position of the LNB . Also when the dish facing towards the east the position of the LNB becomes in the opposite position when it was in the west . ( i.e. LNB tilted 45 deg. to the right when was facing west , Now the LNB is tilted 45 deg. to the Left when facing east . ) .

In this way it is very difficult to climb a 3.6 meter dish on the top of a base one meter that is the LNB is almost 4 mteres high in order to rotate the LNB to adjust the polarity .
I am thinking to add a small dc-motor ( 500 grams weight ) attached to the LNB with a reverse polarity switch to reverse the rotation of the dc-motor , in this way I can rotate the whole body of the LNB either side for better polarity .

Has anybody experienced this problem and how did they tackle it .

Any thought you would have be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards

if you have a motorized dish, you leave the LNB at 0 (straight up and down) when your motor is at true south

As the dish moves, it automatically does skew :)

Hey Ice...Because this is not an offset dish, but a direct focus, would this still work. I've never had a BUD so I don't know, but it seems odd that he's able to get the western half with an offset of 45 deg? I've never turned my lnb past about 15 deg, when I had a fixed dish.

as Pete noted, even with a BUD if its motorized it needs to be at 0 for the true south satellite.

fixed dishes need to be skewed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)