?? How to set up LAN U-Verse gateway ??

Fulton

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
:) I fixed the problem!! Norton Protection center was preventing file sharing.

:confused: I called U-Verse to get help to set up local file sharing and they said they could not help me. ( I had one before using a AT&T DSL with my own Lynksys router.)

For some reason I just can't get the file sharing to work. All PC's connect directly to internet threough the gateway. I tried to set up a LAN following the XP instruction for my situation with all PC's connecting directly to internet through a resident gateway.

I would appreciate help if anyone could talk me through the process of setting up a local LAN.

Thanks,

Fullton Cook
Saginaw, Texas

Last edited:
:) I fixed the problem!! Norton Protection center was preventing file sharing.

:confused: I called U-Verse to get help to set up local file sharing and they said they could not help me. ( I had one before using a AT&T DSL with my own Lynksys router.)

For some reason I just can't get the file sharing to work. All PC's connect directly to internet threough the gateway. I tried to set up a LAN following the XP instruction for my situation with all PC's connecting directly to internet through a resident gateway.

I would appreciate help if anyone could talk me through the process of setting up a local LAN.

Thanks,

Fullton Cook

Saginaw, Texas

Is your gateway a router ? May have to experiment with turning off Windows Firewall ?

Wyr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)