How to Setup 1000.4 for 61.5 & 72 without using 77

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
Had to move pole mounted 1000.4 to location on side of house, in doing so I have lost 10-20 points on some transponders. I do not need 77 at all, so I have been searching for help on setup without using 77. I know there is a new lnb just for 61&72 for the 1000.2, but have not been able to find a place to purchase such. Any help would be appreciated.

Had to move pole mounted 1000.4 to location on side of house, in doing so I have lost 10-20 points on some transponders. I do not need 77 at all, so I have been searching for help on setup without using 77. I know there is a new lnb just for 61&72 for the 1000.2, but have not been able to find a place to purchase such. Any help would be appreciated.
There is no need to get a new dish just point using 72.5 and you should be fine . You could further peak 61.5 and just ignore 77. I think the new dish is smaller so would not improve things for you.

There is no need to get a new dish just point using 72.5 and you should be fine . You could further peak 61.5 and just ignore 77. I think the new dish is smaller so would not improve things for you.

So what would I need to do to do that, in other words what do I need to change from my current settings?

So what would I need to do to do that, in other words what do I need to change from my current settings?
If you are already getting signals on your receiver, go into setup, point dish, set to satellite 72.5 transponder 21 , tweak dish slowly to peak. Do both azmuth and elevation . When you have the highest reading switch to 61.5 transponder 29 tweak slightly to peak . Go baxk to 72.5 and make sure you haven't lost too much signal

I have the eastern arc in Los Angeles. I didn't care for 77 and tweaked 72.7 and 61.5 only. 77 came in just fine towards the end but I didn't put in any effort to bring it in.

As was previously stated, peak it on 72.7, then peak 61.5 using your skew. If you peak 61.5, 77 will just fall into place. If, for some reason you get no signal on 77, just simply run a Check Switch and save the configuration. I would say you could also put aluminum foil over the 77 LNB, but with the 1000.4 design that's easier said than done. I suppose it is doable though.

I wouldn't worry about 77 though. Just peak 61.5 and 72.7.

If you are already getting signals on your receiver, go into setup, point dish, set to satellite 72.5 transponder 21 , tweak dish slowly to peak. Do both azmuth and elevation . When you have the highest reading switch to 61.5 transponder 29 tweak slightly to peak . Go baxk to 72.5 and make sure you haven't lost too much signal

Thanks for info, over the years I have installed many single & dual satellite setup, but this is first time with a triple setup.
I was able to better my signal a little over what I had before Satellite move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)