how to sign up new DirecTV account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

young707

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I am in Milpitas, CA. I am Comcast cable customer.
Please tell me how to sign up new DirecTV account?

I want to try this $24.99/mo for 12 month package. I need two set top box for 2 TV in 2 rooms.
What is the total initial installation and equipment cost?
What is the monthly cost for the first 12 month?
What is the length of contract? What is the cost for the rest of the contract?

Who is the installer? I assume this is contractor? Can I require them not to walk on my 2nd story tile roof top?

Do you want HD or SD equip...? Do you want DVR service or not?

1. There is no standard installation cost. Custom Fees may apply such as pole mounts, wall fishing etc......
2. With 2 TV's standard definition non dvr equip you would pay $30.99/month for the first year.
3. 24 month contract. Cost jumps up about $25/month the second year
4. Installer could be and HSP , Contractor or 0&O. You can tell them during the walk through what you want and don't want them to do..

Just keep in mind they will need to find a Line of Sight for installation of the satellite dish.

SIG

Authorized Directv Dealer

PM me or repost if you have any more questions.

I just want those simple over the air HD channels. Other cable type HD channels are not necessary.
No DVR.

I want to avoid those problems posted in Yelp reviews.

what is the basic contract length? 2 years? What is cost per month for the 2nd year?

who is the installation contract in San Jose, Milpitas CA areas?

Can I ask the installer certain requirements, such as putting the satellite dish at my second story chimmey, but not walk on my tile roof?
run the antenna cables at certain areas into my house family room?

Also, like to know if installer can use my own old dish and antenna cables?

Can I ask the installer certain requirements, such as putting the satellite dish at my second story chimmey, but not walk on my tile roof?
run the antenna cables at certain areas into my house family room?

Also, like to know if installer can use my own old dish and antenna cables?

Installers typically don't install on a chimney anymore but if it is safe and the installer has the means and it's feasible he might be able to install it there. Standard installation includes running wires to TV locations desired, but does not include fishing wire , that is considered custom and fees apply payable directly to installer at time of install. The installer will install a newer dish and lnb unless you have a newer dish ie 2" ODU mast type. But might as well have him install the new one it's under warranty by the installer...... As for the cables in the house if it's prewired they should be fine but running line down from the dish to a ground area the tech will install proper RG-6 with a messenger for grounding purposed. Alot of older cable does not have this.

SIG

Note when the fee jumps up at the second year, you should just call to ask for a lower price. I found that, with a bit of haggling/pressure, they'll do that.

I just want those simple over the air HD channels. Other cable type HD channels are not necessary.
No DVR.

I want to avoid those problems posted in Yelp reviews.

In that case you don't need cable, uverse/fios, directv, or dishnet. You just need a over the air antenna and a amplified distribution system.

Go to http://www.tvfool.com to see how big of a antenna you need and then go to http://www.solidsignal.com to order a antenna and amplifier. You should be able to just feed your amplified over the air antenna signal into your existing cable wiring where the cable TV originally entered the house and tune the ATSC signal with your HDTV's.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts