How to split HD Signal to get HD to Multiple TV's

CAB is right! HDMI splitting is not the answer.
Chances are very slim you will want to be watching the same channel in 3 different locations.
Bite the bullet and buy another receiver (or 2).
Most receivers have an IF "Loop Out" connector for series connection of multiple receivers. Just loop your L Band IF cabling through each receiver. (Use decent cable though!)
Alternatively you "might" have enough IF level (if your dish /LNB has adequate gain), to run a splitter and run a cable direct to each receiver.
Commercially you would buy a multiswitch with dual LNB inputs to each receiver can automatically select Hor or Ver POL per the channel selected on the individual receiver, (multiswitches are also available with FTA TV input), with built in distribution amp / sometimes variable gain control on each input.
You never know your luck, - You might pick one up cheap on EBay. I know I've got a few in the shed somewhere. Even one with a 110VAC / DC plugpack I think, - but getting it to you from Oz would be prohibitive... Good luck with it

Isaac,

Nope, DIRT told me $50.00 for box, new 24 month agreement and $95 technician visit install without that DHPP plan.

Think I'll stick to my component idea. If they can't do anything more for their long lasting ontime paying customers.

If you decide to go 5 RCA component the Monoprice cable should work fine, I am feeding my bedroom tv with a 75' 5 RCA Monoprice cable and it works great.

Yeah, I bought a 50 foot run it should reach fine w/ no issues :) Dish wouldn't work with me on another receiver without a $95 tech visit and all that so I definitely passed on that.

$20 bucks and some component cables and we're good.

I guess I do need to get another UHF Remote tho.

I'm using the 100' version of that cable. From the 622 I go 6' to a wall socket, a 10' cable in-the-wall to the downstairs, and 100' to the bedroom TV. This is beyond the recommended distance. It works well, but the picture is not quite the quality of the TV next to the 622 receiver connected with 6' HDMI. Of course, with the analog left/right audio you will not be able to use 5.1 surround sound. This is why some people prefer the HDMI splitter route.

As for HDMI splitters, I used one of those, but I found it to be very unreliable. I bought it from Amazon, it's not the one Monoprice sells. For my cabin, I ended up sending HDMI downstairs, and using component video and TOSLINK audio for the upstairs TV, not my first choice but the only one if I wanted surround sound in both locations. FWIW, I tried splitting the TOSLINK signal, and it turns out to be a one or the other, not both situation.

With a UHF remote, I'm reaching 40-50 feet from bedroom to receiver, however, when the batteries get low, as you'd expect you notice it controlling TVs in the bedrooms first.

cvfd1615 said:
Isaac,

Nope, DIRT told me $50.00 for box, new 24 month agreement and $95 technician visit install without that DHPP plan.

Think I'll stick to my component idea. If they can't do anything more for their long lasting ontime paying customers.

You can get one from Dishstore for 109.99 and just install it yourself or add DHPP and you can cancel it for just $25.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

If you have a really long run you could use HDMI into Cat5 or 6, or use an HDMI repeater if you want to stay with HDMI the whole way? We have a 40 foot HDMI cable running around our living room for the PS3 and Xbox and I think I got it at Fry's for $17 if have one near you?

HDMI to Cat;

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10105&cs_id=1010504&p_id=8121&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10425&cs_id=1042501&p_id=8009&seq=1&format=2 <-- Or this if you're the industrious type and want to go through the wall?

Last edited:
If you have a really long run you could use HDMI into Cat5 or 6, or use an HDMI repeater if you want to stay with HDMI the whole way? We have a 40 foot HDMI cable running around our living room for the PS3 and Xbox and I think I got it at Fry's for $17 if have one near you?

For only $15.37 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Extender Using Cat5e or CAT6 Cable - Extend Upto 98ft | Video ExtendersFor only $16.10 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) - Single Port (1P) - White | HDMI Wall Plates <-- Or this if you're the industrious type and want to go through the wall?
HDMI to Cat;This is how I get my PC's signal to my 7.1 Yamaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts