How to stop unsolicited phone calls from Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stone cold has provided the number to call but you still may get calls after that. Someone has to list you as do not call and have your number removed from the auto dialer in their system. To get that done a person has to make an effort.

After I cancelled my account with D*, I continued to receive those annoying calls. I had to take a more aggressive approach. I waited until a got a live person on the phone. Then I explained to them in a very quiet voice that I have gotten no cooperation on them to stop calling so in the future this is what will happen with every call- Then I blasted them with an air horn. Only had to do that twice, same day, and haven't received a call since. When a Telemarketer gets their ears blasted in pain by surprise, they tend to make that effort to avoid the pain in the future. Haven't received a call from them in over two years. I still get weekly junk mail from D*. It goes right in the trash. I apologize to the postal carrier but he explained that they love junk mail. If it weren't for junk mail the post office would have to shut down for lack of business.

Get a phone service that has the option to block numbers.

I got one of the Ooma VOIP boxes and man, do I love the number blocking options.

You can put in any number you want and have the box do everything from send the call to voicemail, give a message that the number is no longer in service, that their call is not wanted, or just a continuous ring.

Whats nice is that getting the 'number disconnected' message often gets the autodialer to remove your number from their database.

They also provide a global blacklist of known annoyance callers and you can do the same actions to all of those.

I read your post. Including the second paragraph. It's the first SENTENCE I was talking about. The point I was trying to make is the do not call list has nothing to do with this. IT WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. All the OP has to do is change their privacy settings, online or by phone. Really easy....no conspiracy.....

You don't like DirecTV, I get that. BTW, Dish network paid more in fines than DirecTV....

DISH Network to pay $5.99 million in settlement : News : KXRM FOX 21

DIRECTV, Comcast to Pay Total of $3.21 Million for Entity-Specific Do Not Call Violations

Ahh...you know who I like and don't like? Is my post unfairly biased in some way or are you just trying to sling mud?

You read my post and misapplied it. It's much easier to register on the Do Not Call list in order to use that system to file a complaint against a violator...that's why I said register. It's also not a bad thing to do if you don't like those type of calls...which is a reasonable assumption about the OP.

Oh, and you're also wrong about the amount of the fines. You forgot to include the $5,300,000 that DirecTV paid the first time they got caught breaking the Do Not Call law in 2005 by the FTC (Directv to Pay $5.3 Million Penalty For Do Not Call Violations). Of course, you would have known that if you had bothered to read the third and fourth paragraph of the article YOU linked here.

So...what law do you think was the basis for those fines against DirecTV? You don't have to answer...it was the Do Not Call Law.

I guess that slipped by you too.

How about you stop attacking it's just making you look silly.

Ahh...you know who I like and don't like? Is my post unfairly biased in some way or are you just trying to sling mud?

You read my post and misapplied it. It's much easier to register on the Do Not Call list in order to use that system to file a complaint against a violator...that's why I said register. It's also not a bad thing to do if you don't like those type of calls...which is a reasonable assumption about the OP.

Oh, and you're also wrong about the amount of the fines. You forgot to include the $5,300,000 that DirecTV paid the first time they got caught breaking the Do Not Call law in 2005 by the FTC (Directv to Pay $5.3 Million Penalty For Do Not Call Violations). Of course, you would have known that if you had bothered to read the third and fourth paragraph of the article YOU linked here.

So...what law do you think was the basis for those fines against DirecTV? You don't have to answer...it was the Do Not Call Law.

I guess that slipped by you too.

How about you stop attacking it's just making you look silly.

You started the attacks Ken...."Sometimes it seems like no one can bother to read past the first sentence of a post before hitting reply." I read it, I disagreed with you. I still do.

Believe me, I am not a DirecTV fanboy. Their customer service has slipped dramatically in the last few years. But I call it how it is. They may have had issues with this five years ago as your link suggests, but it's not a problem now based on my own experience.

My point was the Do Not Call List has no bearing on the OP's situation. It's a good thing to do for other telemarketing creeps that call, but it won't help here. It's very simple to change the privacy settings on your account to stop the calls. You can do it online. I did, they never call me anymore.

You started the attacks Ken...."Sometimes it seems like no one can bother to read past the first sentence of a post before hitting reply." I read it, I disagreed with you. I still do.

Believe me, I am not a DirecTV fanboy. Their customer service has slipped dramatically in the last few years. But I call it how it is. They may have had issues with this five years ago as your link suggests, but it's not a problem now based on my own experience.

My point was the Do Not Call List has no bearing on the OP's situation. It's a good thing to do for other telemarketing creeps that call, but it won't help here. It's very simple to change the privacy settings on your account to stop the calls. You can do it online. I did, they never call me anymore.

WB,

What you fail to understand is that DirecTV has a history of ignoring their own Do Not Call list. That's what the last fine was all about. So, when they do that again it's important to be on the Federal Do Not Call list so you can easily report the incident to the FTC. It was those reports that caused DirecTV to be investigated again. Continually reporting them is the only hope we have that they'll finally abide by the law. The Federal list is a very important tool in this regard and will help.

I never claimed you to be a DirecTV fanboy...you were the one that claimed I had a bias against DirecTV.

DirecTV has been fined twice. The latest fine which you linked was for violating the law and the order they agreed to in the first fine...or exactly what you're saying they don't do.

That's enough...I'm repeating myself....you're going to twist things some more and people will be bored.

Have a great day.

WB,

What you fail to understand is that DirecTV has a history of ignoring their own Do Not Call list. That's what the last fine was all about. So, when they do that again it's important to be on the Federal Do Not Call list so you can easily report the incident to the FTC. It was those reports that caused DirecTV to be investigated again. Continually reporting them is the only hope we have that they'll finally abide by the law. The Federal list is a very important tool in this regard and will help.

I never claimed you to be a DirecTV fanboy...you were the one that claimed I had a bias against DirecTV.

DirecTV has been fined twice. The latest fine which you linked was for violating the law and the order they agreed to in the first fine...or exactly what you're saying they don't do.

That's enough...I'm repeating myself....you're going to twist things some more and people will be bored.

Have a great day.

Ok...I give too.....touche'...we've beaten this horse to death. I actually think we agree more than disagree.....

WB,

Have a great day.

DO NOT CALL DOES NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMERS!

MAKING THE DO NOT CALL REGISTRY POINTLESS FOR DTV CUSTOMERS.

How hard is that to understand.

Change the damn privacy settings will stop everything but collection calls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts