Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
H guys .

I really have some customer that they wnat to take out their dish but what can be the easy way to take a bud.

any comments will help me to make easy life 4 me.

thank u.

which will be the first step and so on .:):)

For mesh dishes, I remove the lnb arms/lnb, and the actuator jack. If it is at a manageable elevation, I lift it from the pole and set it on the ground. I have done 10 footers this way by my self.
For ones that are 'above eves mount', I have a 4" grinder w/cutting wheel that I make a cut about 3/4 of the circumference at a point low on the pole, leaving a small portion in tact in the direction I want to fold it over to. I remove the eve mount and in it's place I screw a long lag bolt with a ring attached. I use this point to control the desent of the folding over process with a rope. Once at a usable elevation further disassy is a trivial matter. If at all possible be sure the mount assy will rotate easily on the pole BEFORE unsecuring the pole. Spray with plenty of penetrating lube at the mount/pipe junction, and loosen the set screws. You want it to spin freely on the pole so it will come off easily when you get it down. Be sure to re-secure the set screws before you begin letting it down.
If the owner insists that the pole be removed as well, I tell them I can remove the dish for free but not the pole/concrete. I can however cut it at the top of the concrete if they wish for free. They have always opted for the free method, or just leave it and they will deal with it, since to them the BIG part of the job is already done for free. I have only had one that said pole and all or no dish. It was just a Primestar. I know where there are other identical Primestars so I passed on it.
Solid dishes are another matter. All solid dishes I have were a two person job, minimum. Well three if you count my 6 yo grandaughter...lol. She has gone along on several of my ventures. She is a pretty good 'spotter' too, except she has trouble telling the diference between a Primestar and the new ISP/HD dishes that are popping up everywhere, but then again so do I. Two C banders we collected are actually 'hers' because she saw them before I did!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)