How to tell if my 622 DVR is leased or owned

derousse

Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
I currently have a 622 DVR with external hard drive service. I'm considering switching to an IPTV service provided by my local phone company but I have a ton of programs stored on my DVR and hard drive that I want to watch.

My bill doesn't say anything about a lease fee, so can I assume that I own this DVR and will be able to keep it if I terminate my service?

Monthly Charges
Mar 25 - Apr 24 America's Top 250 69.99
HD 250 10.00
Starz - Free 12 MO 0.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
Total: $ 92.99

Also, I've searched the forums about whether or not I'll be able to use the DVR to view my programs after terminating service, and it seems that the consensus is that if I unplug the receiver or input cable at the time of disconnect, it won't get the kill signal and I can still view prerecorded programs. Does anyone have any info that disputes that?

Thanks!

If you don't remember buying the receiver then it is probably Dish's property. Dish does not give there receivers away cuz you had Dish installed. If you had free installation. It's there's. And they will ask for it back. Do a live chat with support. But don't cancel just yet. And just ask your questions of them . Of course not the pull input one but the the others. IMO you are out of luck.

derousse said:
Checked my original bill from April of 2007, and I did not pay for the receiver.

Calling or chatting or pm'ing a dirt agent will give you the answer just have rcvr number if not only 622

Sent from my EVO using SatelliteGuys

Start transferring your EHD to DVDs wether owned or leased you won't be able to keep EHD authorized once receiver is disconnected from DISH.

derousse said:
Also, I've searched the forums about whether or not I'll be able to use the DVR to view my programs after terminating service, and it seems that the consensus is that if I unplug the receiver or input cable at the time of disconnect, it won't get the kill signal and I can still view prerecorded programs. Does anyone have any info that disputes that?

Thanks!

It will get the kill signal shortly after disconnection. When they send a hit it doesn't just get sent once. And at any rate the sc has an expiration date and I believe they send hits on a regular basis to avoid things like that.

Sent from my EVO using SatelliteGuys

All I can say is if you're switching to U-verse, don't. If you're like me, you will be sorely disappointed. I switched from DISH to U-verse, couldn't stand it, switched back to DISH, haven't looked back.

I took my 722 camping with the exHD. I hooked it up without a dish and could not access the EHD. So, the 722 will not work, if you are not receiving a signal from the sat.

To the OP: The primary receiver lease fee on the account (not to include the DVR fee) is included in the cost of the service. Only additional receivers over the primary will show with a charge. Typically, the most expensive box is the one rolled into the cost of service, and the lesser hardware lease fee is the one charged.

Also, there is no way to prevent losing the authorization, as it "times out" after so long as others have mentioned. Something new I must mention is that a leased receiver requires that you return it within 30 days of the time of disconnect or you will be subject to non-returned equipment fees. The fee is somewhere in the realm of $400 for that particular receiver.

FWIW, I hope that the consideration for switching is not based on disappointment with DISH service. Whatever the reasoning, let us know if there is anything we can do.

Thanks for all of the information.

I've been perfectly satisfied with Dish Network's service (except for maybe the price). The only reason I'm being tempted to switch is that I can save significant money by bundling phone, internet and TV with my local phone company (which, by the way, is a small independent provider, not one of the big boys).

It seems I'll have to get more serious about catching up on my queue, burning things off to DVD, or declaring DVR bankruptcy before making a change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts