How To Tell If My Dish is EA or WA

fpembleton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
S.C.
Would some of you be so kind as to advise me whether my Dish is EA or WA ? I am in EA territory and get the 61, 72,77 but could it be a WA? Thank you.

The difference is the spacing of the lnb's on the dish. The WA has three lnb's that
LNBs.jpg
are about equally spaced (110, 119, 129 are distanced by 9 and 10 degrees), whereas EA , if it has all three lnb's (61.5, 72.7 and 77) the 77 and 72.7 are quite close to each other and the 61.5 is noticably further away. Most EA lnb's only have two lnb's, not including the 77 lnb because it contains international channels, SD locals and a very few conus HD locals that most do not need.

In the attached picture the top right is an EA lnb 61.5, 72.7 and 77 , the lower left is a WA lnb for 110, 119 and 129.

The top left is a WA lnb for 110, 118 and 119 (118 has WA internationals), the lower right is a Dish 500 lnb for SD installs (110 and 119 only).

Reactions: TheKrell
Most EA lnb's only have two lnb's, not including the 77 lnb because it contains international channels, SD locals and a very few conus HD locals that most do not need.

What international channels are available on 77? Any I can sub to on my Dish Network account?

Reactions: pattykay
The difference is the spacing of the lnb's on the dish. The WA has three lnb's that View attachment 146609are about equally spaced (110, 119, 129 are distanced by 9 and 10 degrees), whereas EA , if it has all three lnb's (61.5, 72.7 and 77) the 77 and 72.7 are quite close to each other and the 61.5 is noticably further away. Most EA lnb's only have two lnb's, not including the 77 lnb because it contains international channels, SD locals and a very few conus HD locals that most do not need.

In the attached picture the top right is an EA lnb 61.5, 72.7 and 77 , the lower left is a WA lnb for 110, 119 and 129.

The top left is a WA lnb for 110, 118 and 119 (118 has WA internationals), the lower right is a Dish 500 lnb for SD installs (110 and 119 only).
That's not the current LNBF for internationals anymore and that DPP Twin is pretty much obsolete :) And the internationals are only on the 118

That's not the current LNBF for internationals anymore and that DPP Twin is pretty much obsolete :) And the internationals are only on the 118

Dish really needs to put their international channels on the EA as well as the WA. 77 would be great IMHO. 118 is very low to those of us in the east. I'd have to chop off much of my sugar maple to get that. Not happening.

Reactions: HipKat
The difference is the spacing of the lnb's on the dish. The WA has three lnb's that View attachment 146609are about equally spaced (110, 119, 129 are distanced by 9 and 10 degrees), whereas EA , if it has all three lnb's (61.5, 72.7 and 77) the 77 and 72.7 are quite close to each other and the 61.5 is noticably further away. Most EA lnb's only have two lnb's, not including the 77 lnb because it contains international channels, SD locals and a very few conus HD locals that most do not need.

I have that LNB on my WA international dish. In the picture, they actually put the other LNB (not the one in the middle that does both 118 and 119) in the 129 slot, not the 110. This is not the typical install for that LNB. The open slot on the right side of the LNB in that picture is where the 110 LNB goes, and that was the typical install for SD-only international subscribers, with the 129 LNB only being added for HD channels or if required for the locals. So, the picture got it backwards.

Dish really needs to put their international channels on the EA as well as the WA. 77 would be great IMHO. 118 is very low to those of us in the east. I'd have to chop off much of my sugar maple to get that. Not happening.
Dish has been concentrating on streaming for their international channel additions. So, a Hopper or Wally receiver and an internet connection would be required, but then you can get many of the international channels regardless of which arc you get your satellite channels from.

Reactions: HipKat
Dish has been concentrating on streaming for their international channel additions. So, a Hopper or Wally receiver and an internet connection would be required, but then you can get many of the international channels regardless of which arc you get your satellite channels from.

I am sure that is what they are doing, but...
  1. There are those in the east who have no (or inadequate) Internet.
  2. There is no need for Dish at all if you are going to stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts