how to tell rg6 from rg6 quad shield

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
Hello guys, Got a simple question, how do you tell regular rg6 from quad shield rg6, and can you use rg6 quad shield snap and seal compression ends on regular rg6?
Thanks

Coax Cable Comm/Scope (5730)

RG6 Coax Cable (2200 Mhz) CATV Satellite (5730)
75 Ohm nominal impedance RG6 Coax Cable
Qualifications: CL2 Satellite RG6 Coax Cable
For Non-Plenum Applications 5730 Coax Cable Swept-Tested to 2.2GHz Series 6 (RG 6 Type)
Highest quality coaxial cable available
Made in the USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 GHz Broadband RG6 Quad Shield RG6 Coaxial Cable 5781

Broadband 3.0 GHz Quad Shielded Bare Copper RG6 Coax Cable Quad Shield Coaxial Cable RG6 (3000 Mhz) Satellite/CATV (5781)
75 Ohm RG6 Coax Quad Shield nominal impedance Quad Shielded RG6
RG6 Coax Cable Quad Shield RG6 Coax Cable
Qualifications: CM, CATV, Satellite, & FT4 Quad Shield
3.0 GHz Broadband RG6 Coax Cable Quad Shielded RG6 Bare Solid Copper Center Conductor
For Non-Plenum Applications Swept-Tested to 3.0 GHz Series RG6 Broadband Quad Shiled (RG 6 Type)
3.0 GHz Broadband RG6 Jacket Color: Black or White
Highest quality 3.0 GHz Quad Shielded Broadband RG6 coaxial cable available
Made in the USA

This is off of mjsales.net

We have used quad fittings on regular rg6 before and have not seemed to have a problem. Quad is a little thicker cable and is quad shielded.

All cables should have UL 'Listed' and /or UL 'Recognized' ID markings on the outter jacket along with the item numbers from the maker; down the entire lentgh. If what you are looking at doesnt, and isnt in a sealed full spool/case/box, dont buy it. BUT if it does have the markings, write them down and check them out online.

Last edited:
Reason I am asking is becuase i am not buying cable, but reding the f terminators on the ends, and I thought I had all rg59 in the house but turns out this place has some rg6 in it, and was needing to know how i could physical tell if it was rg6 quad or just rg 6, and thanks "The Tate" for your reply on it just has doube the foil. But I do still have one question, can I use RG6 quad ends or regular rg6?

Ive never tried the quad connections on regular rg6 I know some regular connections will fit on quad cable. It should work, the thing to do is just try.

I've fit regular rg-6 ends on cuad rg-6 cable... I't just tookme few more seconds trying to get it in place.... (I hate to do that on winter time!!!)... and it worked perfectly...

Some standard ends will work on some QS cable, but it's definitely YMMV.

I always keep a few QS connectors in my bag just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)