How to TOTALLY totally reset a SIR-TS360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Longshots

Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Hi all. I bought a SIR TS360 about a year ago. It had been about nine months since I had plugged it in, and it was working fine. I dragged it out the other day to set it up, and when I turned it on, it immediately started making a clicking sound. I had an antenna and a pc monitor plugged into it. I took the cover off, and the clicking was coming from the area where you plug in your antenna and/or satellite cables. Nothing powered up anywhere else. No power on indicator, nor the front LED panel. Did it just die sitting in my room, or is there something I can try. I pressed the reset button, but this made no difference. Am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Sounds like loose material (dirt, loose solder, etc), or a bad component (capacitor, resistor, etc) in or around the power supply, generating a short.</educated guess>

Thanks for the reply damaged... it does sound like an "electronic" click, and it continues at a definite interval from when it is plugged in until I unplug it. The clicking sort of trails off when I unplug it. I guess I'm screwed...

Thanks for the reply damaged... it does sound like an "electronic" click, and it continues at a definite interval from when it is plugged in until I unplug it. The clicking sort of trails off when I unplug it. I guess I'm screwed...

The trailing off is likely the result of a capacitor(s) draining, which says to me that it is electrical in nature, again, just an educated guess.

Keep checking back here, there are others much more knowledgable than I who may be able to help, either way, hope it works out for you.

Hi all. I bought a SIR TS360 about a year ago. It had been about nine months since I had plugged it in, and it was working fine. I dragged it out the other day to set it up, and when I turned it on, it immediately started making a clicking sound. I had an antenna and a pc monitor plugged into it. I took the cover off, and the clicking was coming from the area where you plug in your antenna and/or satellite cables. Nothing powered up anywhere else. No power on indicator, nor the front LED panel. Did it just die sitting in my room, or is there something I can try. I pressed the reset button, but this made no difference. Am I out of luck?

Thanks!
This is not a hardware problem...just an internal timer

I had the same problem a few months ago. After leaving my TS360 unplugged for several months, it would start clicking when I plugged it in. Found a post on another forum that said it was just some kind of timer, and to leave it plugged in. Well, after several hours of clicking, it finally stopped!! It does not need to be hooked up to anything...just plugged in. If it was unplugged for a few days, it will only click for a few minutes...if it was unplugged for several months, it will click for several hours! :)

This is not a hardware problem...just an internal timer
I had the same problem a few months ago. After leaving my TS360 unplugged for several months, it would start clicking when I plugged it in. Found a post on another forum that said it was just some kind of timer, and to leave it plugged in. Well, after several hours of clicking, it finally stopped!! It does not need to be hooked up to anything...just plugged in. If it was unplugged for a few days, it will only click for a few minutes...if it was unplugged for several months, it will click for several hours! :)

See, told you there were others that knew way more. :)

BTW, what IS the clicking exactly, I know you said the timer, but are they using mechanical timers (as opposed to solid state)?, was it explained to you?

Reason I ask, is because it could still be electrical wrt the mechanical parts of the timers, and I am curious. TIA.

See, told you there were others that knew way more. :)

BTW, what IS the clicking exactly, I know you said the timer, but are they using mechanical timers?, was it explained to you?

I never found out what made the clicking noise, or why Samsung put that "feature" in the TS360. :confused: I did notice the total clicking time was directly in proportion to the amount of time the TS360 was unplugged.

Cool... I'll plug it in tomorrow, let in click away, and report back what happens! THANKS!

Hi all. I plugged my box in on Thursday Feb. 1st, and it is STILL ticking!!! It has been almost two weeks. The ticking is supposedly proportional to the length of time the box has been unplugged. I had it unplugged for about 10 months. Does this seem reasonable?

I have a buddy at work who has DirecTV and said he would plug it in to his dish the next time he is out of town for the weekend. But that's not going to be until March 15th or so. I'll report back what happens.

Hi all. I plugged my box in on Thursday Feb. 1st, and it is STILL ticking!!! It has been almost two weeks. The ticking is supposedly proportional to the length of time the box has been unplugged. I had it unplugged for about 10 months. Does this seem reasonable?

I have a buddy at work who has DirecTV and said he would plug it in to his dish the next time he is out of town for the weekend. But that's not going to be until March 15th or so. I'll report back what happens.
That seems a little long. My ts360 was unplugged for about 6 mths, and only clicked for a couple of days. Try unplugging it for a few hours, then plug it back in. :confused:

I plugged my boxed up TS360 a few months ago also and had the same thing. Left it plugged in over night and had the booting displayed on the front when I went to check on it.

Mine had been unplugged for about 4 months.

My TS160 clicks when the relay switches from Antenna In to Cable In. Do you have anything plugged in to those ports?

I originally had nothing plugged in. I did plug an antenna in after a few days. I took the cover off when this first started, and the clicking is definitely coming from where the antenna/satellite dish/cable connectors are located.

WOW!!! After originally plugging my 360 in on Feb 1 and letting it tick for almost two weeks with no luck, I unplugged it on the 14th. I let it rest a day, and then plugged it back in. It ticked again for several days, so I unplugged it again. I let it rest a day, and plugged it back in. I think I cycled it one or two more times, and then plugged it back in this past Sunday. On Monday night my wife called me upstairs. "Listen! What do you not hear?" I was unimpressed for a minute, then realized it had turned on! The LED had "STAND BY" on it. I can not believe it took this long to wake up... but it finally did! I am still going to ask my buddy to plug it in to his DirecTV dish in order to possibly update the software. A BIG THANK YOU to all who responded and helped me with this!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)