How to transfer videos from my DVR 625 to my comp?

SinghShady

Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
hy. i wanted 2 transfer videos frm my DISH DVR 625 to my computer. is it possible? how do i do that? and what kind of equipment will i need for it? any help will be appreciated. thank you

Welcome to Satguys :) A TV tuner card, and AV Lines going from the 625 to the TV tuner card... Another alternative would be to use coax from the TV tuner card to the 625. Any other method used IE putting the hard drive directly in to the computer voids your warranty and is Illegal. the only other method is to use a pocket dish and transfer that way :)

If you have a newer computer you can also use a USB TV tuner or USB video capture device without a tuner. This saves you the trouble of installing the video capture card inside your computer, just plug it in to the USB port. The benefit of this method is that you can use the USB device on a desktop or laptop computer. You can use it to watch TV while you are away from home plugged into your laptop! What I do from time to time is record programs directly onto my desktop computer "live" with a video capture card, then transfer them to my laptop over my home WiFi network. Works great if there is a show I know I won't have time to watch if I am going to be on the road.

Is it possable to just plug the DVR's USB to the computer's USB. Wouldn't it show up as a externel drive in the my computer window? Then you could locate the files from there?

If your PC is running Linux, then yes you could see those files.
Big question what you could do with it ? These are bunch of files and no one is playable as MPEG.

See the dishrip or PVRExplorer groups on yahoo groups. Both directly extract files right off the HD to your PC. PVRExplorer runs in Windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)