How to un-Block channels on Chrysler radio

pdkrocul

Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Help!

I have a rental car for the next two weeks (Chrysler Sebring convertible). It has a Chrysler factory radio with Sirius. However, a bunch of the channels are blocked.

How do I unblock the channels? The car owners manual is missing, and I can't find a manual for the radio online.

Thanks,
Paul

You would need the ESN number and account info to logon to Sirius to unblock. If this radio is not your owned acct (I assume it's not because you are renting) then you more than likely do not have that access and MIGHT be able to get the owner to do it UNLESS its a short-term rental (which I also assumed because you said only two weeks). I am almost 99% sure they block said channels for family reasons; when I go out of town I take one of my PnP Sirius tuners with me in my carry-on bag. Please post more details.

I have read all Sirius equipped vehicles are now delievered to the dealers with the "Family Plan" or limited channel activation. These are the channels that the dealer uses to help sell the vehicle and demonstrate the Sirius esperience. Ordinarily when a Sirius car is purchased, the owner calls Sirius to activate and set up their account. At this time Sirius will activate all the other channels and ask if the new car owner also wants Playboy Radio.

On a rental, I think you are stuck with the limited channel line up. I THINK.

I was afraid that a Family Plan was the answer.

I rented another Chrysler from this same company (different model, different city, however) two months ago, and I had all of the channels. At that time, the rental agent pointed out that I had Sirius, and gave me a channel guide.

This time, there was no mention of sat radio at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)