how to use dish receiver with direct tv dish?

nicolemkitchens

Original poster
Dec 4, 2013
We are having to stay with my patents for a couple of months. I have dish at my house. They don't have satellite but had dtv at one point. Their dtv dish is a 18lnbr1-01. ( if that's not the info needed let me know). My dish receiver is a vip612 dvr. I have everything hooked up but no signal. What steps should I take? I'm not fimilar with satellite stuff. But I'm willing to learn and have to figure this out. I can't go without my tv! Haha, please help!

the current dtv dish you have looks at only one satellite,(101, not a dish satellite) your 612 normally sees 2 (eastern arc) or 3 western arc.

you could re-aim it to a dish satellite, but you would not have all of your channels. 72.7 would be your best bet. you would need 2 lines from the dish as well as the dtv dish in not dish pro.

best bet would be to find a dish 500 or better yet 1000.2 and replace the dtv dish with it.

btw:welcome to the site

call dish and tell them you moved to a new address, they will setup a tech visit to install the correct dish for the area.
usually they will wave any fee if you agree to another 2 years
you will only get the local channels for the market your parents live in.

call dish and tell them you moved to a new address, they will setup a tech visit to install the correct dish for the area.
usually they will wave any fee if you agree to another 2 years
you will only get the local channels for the market your parents live in.

FYI, cost of doing a Dish Mover (or the current name, Dish Move-In Deal) has nothing to do with another 2 year agreement. The only thing that would trigger another 2 year agreement is an equipment upgrade, or if the customer accepts the HD free for life offer that requires that new 24 month agreement.

The determination of any cost for a move is whether the customer has or needs an international dish, the customer's time with the company, and the customer's billing/payment history. For a majority of customers, the move is free.

NBCSN in SD?

Hopper didn't update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)