How to use VOOM's 61.5 dish with DishNetwork service

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I imagine this will be a popular topic-- I want to take my VOOM feed from the satellite and incorporate it into my Dish service. Previously I needed a splitter and a switch--now I just need the switch, right? I take the 61.5 and my present Dish feed and plug them into... what switch?? Any info or diagrams would be appreciated.

If your current Dish Network sat dish uses legacy LNB's and switches you can integrate the current voom sat dish into your current Dish Network sat dishes.

If your current Dish Network sat dish uses DPLNB's (dish pro) and DP switches (dish pro, ie... DP34, DP21) you will not be able to integrate the current Voom dish/lnb into the DP (dish pro) setup.

Dish Pro switches and LNB's do frequency stacking and the Voom LNB and Legacy Dish Network switches/lnb's do not. You canot hook up a legacy LNB into a Dish Pro Switch system. The only way to make that work would be if you replaced the LNB on the Voom dish with a Dish Network Dish Pro LNB.

WE Are VOOMer's

richard_rd said:
If your current Dish Network sat dish uses legacy LNB's and switches you can integrate the current voom sat dish into your current Dish Network sat dishes.

If your current Dish Network sat dish uses DPLNB's (dish pro) and DP switches (dish pro, ie... DP34, DP21) you will not be able to integrate the current Voom dish/lnb into the DP (dish pro) setup.

Dish Pro switches and LNB's do frequency stacking and the Voom LNB and Legacy Dish Network switches/lnb's do not. You canot hook up a legacy LNB into a Dish Pro Switch system. The only way to make that work would be if you replaced the LNB on the Voom dish with a Dish Network Dish Pro LNB.

Take your trash to Echostar ?

What ?????

richard_rd said:

Hello this site is about VOOM ?

No this is about VOOM

Iceberg said:
its for ALL satellite companies, not just voom

I'm must be in error I thought this forum was about " Voom " not Echostar, "directv ". I'll quit fighting so hard if I'm wrong. but there seem's to be so much misinformation that someone must speak up>. I've seen on this site only 2 or 3 do so. would you like to join us.

kelljc said:
Hello this site is about VOOM ?

Relax kelljc,

I was just answering the original posters question. And since it does relate to voom hardware and dish network hardware I quess it could make sence for mattyro to post it in this forum or the dish network forum.

What if he posted it in the dish network forum, would you complain that it should have been posted in the voom forum then.

Get a life already and quit trying to play super mod wantabe games, the official mods at this forum already do a great job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts