How to wire receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

taylorjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Saginaw, MI
So I'm planning to sign up with Dish at my primary home, then I have a lot on a lake that I park a camper in summers. The previous owner of the lot has a dish already installed on a pole, it's a turbo HD with the lnb for the eastern arc, our primary home is also eastern arc. So I'm planning on buying a receiver from dish and setting up with a tailgator account. I may get a second dish on a tripod to take with me to camp to other sites as well. I want to run two tv's, no dvr. Would buying two of the 211z receivers be the best bet? Also, I can't find the wiring diagrams for anything except a hopper and joey. How do I wire 2, 211z receivers if that's the best bet? 3 coax cables coming out of the dish, I thought someone said just pick two of the wires and plug them into the receivers, but can't confirm that. Thanks!

Easy enough. I also heard that if you have a hopper on your account, they won't let you add the 211 receivers to the account, but not sure if this included a tailgator account. Anybody have a tailgator account with a 211 and a hopper at the primary account?

Easy enough. I also heard that if you have a hopper on your account, they won't let you add the 211 receivers to the account, but not sure if this included a tailgator account. Anybody have a tailgator account with a 211 and a hopper at the primary account?

The 211 is the only other receiver they'll add to a Hopper account (I have heard some have got them to add Wallys). I have a 211K and a Hopper 3 with Joeys.

I do assume when you say "Tailgater account," you mean a Pay-As-You-Go account as there is no Tailgater account.

I do assume when you say "Tailgater account," you mean a Pay-As-You-Go account as there is no Tailgater account.

Thanks, that's just what a dish csr called it. The big question is....since I'm purchasing the boxes, and adding the service to my account, can I have both the portable dish and boxes active when the primary home account is active? I know when leasing boxes you can move them to a second location, but can't have anything on at the first location. But with the tailgator type setup, isn't it feasible that you could be "tailgating" and still have some people at home watching tv? By the way, when I say adding service, I mean paying the $7 per purchased receiver per month. Not a pay as you go account.

Yes, your 211s can be active at the same time as your Hoppers on the same account.

But if you plan on having 2 seperate locations in use all the time, That is not permitted.
That is called account stacking.
Its against Dish, and Directvs terms of service.
And also against both SatelliteGuys and Dbstalk forum rules to even discuss .
Now,
I have my 211s active all year, and when I'm not camping with them, They are in my House, at my service address.

They are not at a second address for others to watch.
They are also connected to my Home network every second of the day for 11 months out of the year.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Tailgater is the Portable satellite dish.
That is what the 211s aloud on a Hopper account are Technically supposed to be authorized for.

Not Technically home use.
Thats why they reference the Tailgater.

https://www.mydish.com/support/tailgater-features

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

A Tailgater is a dish and does not need to be tied to any type of account. I have yet to see how the VIP 211 allowed on a Hopper account needs to be connected. Any dish is allowed.

IMHO there are a lot better options than a Tailgater including better ground domes and my preference, a ground tripod.

Yes, your 211s can be active at the same time as your Hoppers on the same account.

But if you plan on having 2 seperate locations in use all the time, That is not permitted.
That is called account stacking.
Its against Dish, and Directvs terms of service.
And also against both SatelliteGuys and Dbstalk forum rules to even discuss .
Now,
I have my 211s active all year, and when I'm not camping with them, They are in my House, at my service address.

They are not at a second address for others to watch.
They are also connected to my Home network every second of the day for 11 months out of the year.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Maybe I didn't word it right. I thought stacking was when you would add an extra receiver to your account, and leave it at a second location where it's being watched at the same time as the primary location. I'm not doing that. I'm leaving the receiver at a camp site, with my rv, and I'm purchasing the receiver, not leasing it. 90% of the summertime we will either be at the primary home, or at the camper. There is a chance that I will be at the camper, and the kids will stay home. Which is why I purchased the receiver and have it listed as a portable dish setup, and not just an add on to my account. It is at a portable setup, not a permanent home. I don't agree that this would be called stacking. Just like if I was using it for tailgating, I could have the dish/tv/receiver at a remote location, watching tv at the same time my kids were home watching cartoons. When I called dish and asked or the receivers for this setup, they didn't mention anything about not being able to use them at a second location, since it's already assumed it's a second location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts