How to work Satellite meter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I bought a Accutrac 22 Pro meter from Sadoun, and it seems to work great, but when I peak out an LNB it usually results in lower signal quality.

Why? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
You are probably using the signal strength meter correctly, but signal strength meters are displaying part of the information required to peak a dish.

Peaking with a meter that only reflects signal strength will not necessarily peak for the best BER (Bit Error Rate). The meter will measure the voltage level of any signal in the proper frequency range. It does not measure a specific frequency and will not measure the ratios of carrier or signal vs noise. Slight changes in linear LNBF rotation will not be detected in signal level, but will result in major changes in quality.

hi , im having a problem with too. it seems that when i plug in the accutrac the signal is in the 80's even though im not pointing at anything. how do you use yours? lnb1? atenn on?
thanks
JOse

turn the attenuation off.

Mine is almost 0 when nothing is in the port.

It did help me get G10R though, even though it was fruitless until I peaked it with the reciever.

Well, I went out and played with a Circular LNB and 18" dish today to figure out my meter. I figured the high power sats would be easier to fool with.

After playing with that for a couple of hours, I can now pretty much put the big linear dish on a bird at will.

I have found out I need to put trust in the Az. and Ele. settings when playing with the meter, and if you move your settings enough to peak it out way up high, you're probally not on the correct satellite anymore.

PSB said:
ALWAYS a good idea to to buy from our GOLD sponsors.

Please support the guys that support us :)

Just a product/technology comparison and not a purchase recommendation ;) (google does a lot of magic ;) )

PSB said:
Just an automatic plug for our HARD earned GOLD sponsors. :)

Sure. I totally understand and agree with you. Placed an order for a bunch of tools and other stuff with our gold sponsor today ;)

PS. When you start researching a subject and get rolling with google or any search engine, its amazing how much information you can get in a short amount of time. Sometimes its information overload.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts