How Will Voom Do It?

Indy said:
Maybe all the sat providers should pool their resources and have ALL customers pull LOL from one "Community" satellite.
I doubt if the FCC would allow that kind of service.
Tvlman said:
Lots of diffference between "going to" "Planning to" and ...."HAS DONE."
Who would you buy from? A "going to" or "has done?"
VoomHD is "going to" and "planning to" buy the remenants of Voom from Cablevision. Do you really think it's a good deal to buy until VoomHD reaches "has done"?
mcdeeee said:
They didn't sell off the New Uplink Facility. They sold off the existing facility.
No, they sold the NEW facility in South Dakota. :rolleyes:

JL

I again have to agree with Justaluker.. but they did sell the new facility. At least that is what all the releases said. Again it doesn't mean the VOOM won't lease back that facility or transposponders on the current bird. DISH left everything open. Also still haven't seen a confirmed report that the FCC has received any papers requesting their approval of transfer. One month down and still no docket number. They way the FCC moves...it could be many more months or even a year before approval is given.

doesnt matter because the harmonic encoders were being installed at the old one id assume (since we have some of the channels on them already) and they ars mpeg4 upgradable.

For about $10 your cable company should provide a "lifeline" service with locals and a few other channels.

Please, Voom, don't contaminate your bandwidth with locals.

voomster2 said:
When will DobyMax ever figure out that noone can see his posts (except him)?
He has been silently banned for how many months now?

hoo humm........yuo see them you response to them and mind yore business

DarrellP said:
For about $10 your cable company should provide a "lifeline" service with locals and a few other channels.
Please, Voom, don't contaminate your bandwidth with locals.
Sure SD locals and closer to 20 dollars. It all depends on where you live. It would be sweet if all it took was a VOOM installer to say you can't recieve the HD signal so you qualify for distant networks. I can't get analog signal for all the local networks, and the local networks tell you "no waivers what-so-ever...get cable" Not being able to get locals OTA doesn't qualify you for any distants, grade B signal thing is a joke (nobody will test for it and the local networks laugh when you bring it up), the DTV broadcast requirements for local networks keeps getting pushed further away. I want VOOM, but I need to get all my channels. I'm sure other potential customers want the same thing before they sign up. Probably even more customers don't want the hassel of having an OTA antenna to pick-up channels--using OTA is OK with me and most the people on this board. The public at large probably doesn't want an OTA antenna required to get channels. It will be a while before HD LiL is even possible at many locations....when the station doesn't have an HD broadcast for a sat. provider to utilize. What Voom needs is the FCC to require the broadcast of HD signals and a simple "if you can't get the station you get the distant network" rule, which in theory will boost HDTV sales, and more people will want HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts