Howard County Grants Verizon Cable Authority

Well, I got FiOS installed today!

2 Techs came at about 9:45 and finished up around 3:30. The install went well, it took them longer because my basement is finished, making it harder to fish the line to my study.

They did a great job! We did a speakeasy speed test and I was getting 5.1 down and 1.8 up on the 5/2 package, which is very good.

I had no idea the new actiontec router was so large, most likely because it has a built in NIM. They got the tv's all set up, the DVR is very nice. My first recording is set for tomorrow night, i'll see how that goes.

It's looking like the best thing i've ever seen...I think i will add on the movie pack in a month or so.

mdtvzhockey023 said:
I had no idea the new actiontec router was so large, most likely because it has a built in NIM.
Congratulations on the install! Awesome isn't it? :)

I have the old router, but a friend of mine got the new Actiontec router. That really is a big router! It's the size of a portable inkjet printer.

-John

Yes, it is awesome.

My previous provider was Comcrap (comcast) and their SD was horrible because it was practically all analogue feed which either had lines through it, static, or barely worked. We were getting local HD with our built in ATSC tuner and with comcast i remember noticing some fuzz around edges and some static.

I enjoy HD much better on Verizon, they gave me an HDMI cable for free since I suggested it :).

The techs also configured my previous netgear router so that it works through the actiontec without a problem.

I just think i might have to call tech center tomorrow about why my HD/DVR volume doesnt work on the box (I have to use the volume contol on my tv). As in, when I press volume + or - on the verizon remote it is always the same volume. Might just be something with the box.

haha that router should win an award for being the largest of its class.

How do you have your volume set up? I think the box has a fixed audio output. You need to change the volume on the TV (or audio system, if you have one). They should have given you a manual for the remote control. Look for volume punch-thru. Set it to TV (or audio). Then everytime you press the Vol+/- buttons it will control the TV.

For me, they didn't program the remotes, so you might need to enter your TV code in there as well (if they didn't do it).

-John

Looks like a completely new lineup next month. Lots of channels getting shifted around to make room for new channels. Also looks like they will add Comcast SportsNet MidAtlantic HD! Good stuff!

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)