Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This just in from AllAccess.COM
HOWARD STERN announced on his FRIDAY show that he has hired BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE for his new SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO channels.
l am very happy to hear this news. I have met Bubba a few times and enjoyed his show (especially the character NED) when it was on XM.

I thought Howard had off fridays? I've never heard Bubba. I have heard Howard say he rips him off all the time so I wonder how that is going to work out. Of course everyone rips him off so I guess that really doesnt matter.

No Howard works Fridays still however he will have Fridays off at Sirius.

Bubba the Love Sponge was on XM for quite awhile until he was fired by clear channel.

I am looking forward to hearing him (and especially NED again!)

i am surprised bubba took this job. he always talked bad about stern. anyway i wish him well and look forward to hearing him again. bubba has lost a ton of weight. he looks alot better than he used too.

Howard took friday's off for the past month or so, part of his august vacation...He's back live on fridays now, probably until january unless he wants fridays in december off too...

He said he talked to bubba and bubba kissed his ass. There's probably a bit of 'stern' spin to that but it doesn't matter. He admitted bubba gets listeners so it made sense to hire him. He won't compete with howard, he'll compliment him on the channel. Good business decision, I guess...Never heard it and can't imagine listening to someone who calls themselves bubba the love sponge, but oh well...

Seriously, who doesn't find gilbert goddfried absolutely hilarious? I've never understood why people don't think he's hilarious...

I think Sterns ego is way to big for this to work. I hope he doesnt try to control anyone elses show content, but I guess we will see.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is the Greaseman, stick around and LINGER LONGER. :D

You know its funny that I actually brought this up because I'm hearing now there is a possibility that this may happen. I guess they could then rename the channel "has been corner". You'd have Bubba who has been out of radio for a long time and The Greaseman who is actually paying radio stations for air time. Looks like my theory about sterns ego may be true. He will never bring in a show that could "gasp" be considered better then his.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)