Status
Not open for further replies.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven't made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio.

In January, Stern moved his popular and bawdy morning show to the subscription satellite radio provider.

"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, `I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million,'" Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.

"It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally," he says.

"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

In February, CBS Radio, formerly known as Infinity Broadcasting, filed a lawsuit against Stern for improperly using airtime to promote his new show on Sirius.

Stern has claimed the lawsuit is without merit.

http://gadsdentimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060401/APE/604010623&template=variable

I used to watch his TV show until it got too disgusting. The sad part of the the whole thing is the guy does have talent and could be a decent talk show host if he would forget about the first-grade stuff and get serious.

I think it is funny that he calls himself "the king of all media".when I lived in Indy I got to listen to the best morning show in the world, The Bob and Tom show!When Howard FINALLY found a station to pick him up there, I listend to him for a week and never went back. Weel I guess everyne else did as well because after 6 months he was off the air! He got his @$$ kicked and was off the air!To me, if you wernt in on his little jokes, the show made no sence. That is not a good thing. People should be able to tun in for the first time and feel like they are part of the audience. You should "get it" within 15 min. You can do this with Bob and Tom, and they push the line without crossing it. They do great comedy without needing to hide on sat radio to be funny.

he is pissed because he figured 90% of his listeners would jump on sirius, they didnt.

guess who had a performance bonus built in?? guess who aint getting it??

he meant what he said, believe me...

he did have a performance built in and has already got it. i think it was worth 100 million in stock. he got that in the first couple of weeks with being with sirius. they surpased what they thought they would get in terms of subscribers when he launched, hince, the shortage of sirius radios when stern went live.

Stern new the show would tank on sirus. That is why he sold off all his stock the day he got it. He bent everyone at sirus over and gave em a good one.

if you bought into that company then he ripped you off and you should be pi$$ed.

Sterns career feeds off of anything negative, he is just a performer, and this is just another performance, packaged, advertised, and sold to the masses.

damaged said:
Sterns career feeds off of anything negative, he is just a performer, and this is just another performance, packaged, advertised, and sold to the masses.

I agree. This is just to bring attention to himself and sirius.

hoo hoo tell em Fred.

dragoon, eric, tate, damaged,

name one person on regular radio that can bring 20 percernt of 20 million of the audiance to satellite radio. and he is not done bringing people.

better yet name one person that could bring 10 percent over. the only person i can think of is rush.

you might hate stern, but to bad. it is already a success. sirius has already added three million since his signing and it is still going strong. sirius and stern have already profited greatly and you can not deny it.

I don't hate stern, I actually think he is funny and I love making fun of him.

hoo hoo were is my wig.

P.S. This may start a war but O&A are better.

Last edited:
The Tate said:
I don't hate stern, I actually think he is funny and I love making fun of him.

hoo hoo were is my wig.

P.S. This may start a war but O&A are better.

i love it when o and a send four people over to sterns studio to make an ass out of them self.

o and a have been a flop on xp. no one can deny that. how many people did they bring over??????

xm is in touble, the are running commericial by CBS and are considering selling to CBS.

you guys are correct. o and a are close to bringing satellite radio back to old fashion radio.

Yep those four people shut down Scotts show did they not?

A flop? They are doing quit well.

One thing you can always count on. Howard fans claiming they are only 4 O&A fans and O&A fans trying to mess with Howard fans. Can't we all just get along.

hoo hoo Artie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)