Howard Stern Yanked Off The Air!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think infinity even knows they're saying he got a one day suspension? Puh-lease...

Even if they knew, what do they care? He's contracted to a certain number of days (I think it was 25 left), and his show is on today in best-of form, so infinity is unaffected other than some extra attention to them. Any PR is good PR I believe...

They are doing a good job. :)

National press about this, money could not buy this type of advertising. :D

Nope, and infinity refuses to call it a suspension...

I think it was this past april first where his show was "taken off the air", and replaced by some lame morning show. They took calls from fans, even had robin "call in" and voice her anger...they did it for about an hour and a half before howard came on. Infinity didn't care that howard made up a whole story about being taken off the air then, they don't care now.

It's going to make for a boring show tomorrow though, i'll tell ya that...

Howard has actually refused to answer questions abour sirius in the recent past, like when someone calls in to ask about boombox availability and such, he says he can't talk about it. He said that a lot on monday, and now tuesday he's suspended because of it. Set it up, knock it down. Game, Set, Match...Everyone wins, except me, I'm finding best-of to be hardly listenable anymore...

Stern Aims PR Blitz at Another Viacom Outlet

By Ben Grossman -- Broadcasting & Cable, 11/8/2005 11:20:00 AM

While radio personality Howard Stern was benched from his radio show for one day Tuesday for excessive promotion of his upcoming move to Sirius Satellite Radio, he will have no such restrictions when he appears as a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman on Nov. 17.

The Letterman appearance is part of a media blitz Stern will embark on as he leaves terrestrial radio on Dec. 16 and moves to satellite in January as part of a $500 million deal with Sirius. Among other media hits will be a piece 60 Minutes has been filming with Stern in recent weeks.

This will be Stern's 14th appearance on The Late Show. He last visited the show in November 2004.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6282250.html?display=Breaking+News

Yup, needed a day off before his self-named media blitz kicks off. Guy gets up at 4am every morning for 25 years, give him a day off for christ's sake...

For a guy people think is so disgusting and sexist and racist and whatever, he sure gets news. Regis took today off and nobody cared...Who doesn't like regis?

Status
Not open for further replies.