Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings from the Great State of Texas. They say everything is bigger in Texas and judging by the thunderstorm we just had here, I would say that is true. I have never seen a storm quite like the one we had just a little while ago.

Well Team Summit officially opens tommorow night at 8PM ET. But we had a nice day here the flight into Dallas was as smooth as silk.

A lot of work is being done to get everything ready for tommorow, but we did get to talk to a lot of folks from Dish Network. I am finding it surprising that I can now walk into one of these events and people now know who I am and want to talk to me or just saying Hi Scott as they walk by. I think thats cool and shows me that we are indeed being heard by the community. :)

Anyways here are some pictures from around the Hotel as things get setup. :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC_0134.JPG
    DSC_0134.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 360
  • DSC_0127.JPG
    DSC_0127.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 487
We bowled tonight and the power went out for 20 min. Some places it was out for over an hour.

Glad you made it safely. Welcome to Texas weather. :D

Yes glad to hear you made it there safely. Looking forward to what comes of the trip.

Ahhh ... the Gaylord Texan ... our company had a National Convention there two years ago. Great hotel and immense. Hopefully lots of information on future Dish Network happenings.

Well I was laying in my bed and reading through the items that were given to me and found a few interesting things...

NEW RECEIVERS: (Some have been announced or shown here at SatelliteGuys before)

ViP 213 - Standard Definition / High Definition, MPEG2/MPEG4 Single Tuner, One TV (Looks like the 211 however in black)
ViP 222 - SD / HD MPEG2/MPEG4 Dual Tuner Two TV (Like a 622 but without DVR functions)
ViP612 - SD/HD MPEG2/MPEG4 DVR Dual Tuner, one TV. (Like a 622 but only outputs to one TV)
VIP722 - SD/HD MPEG2/MPEG4 DVR, Dual Tuner, Two TV's (like a 622 but in Black color)

In addition some interesting items

ViP Receiver USB Connectivity - "External Hard Drive: Connect select 45GB (or larger) hard drives for expandd storage capacity"

There is a complete section of setting up home networking for the 622. Items of interest:
DishONLINE (enabled by a future software update) allows customers with compatable satellite receivers to use their home broadband internet service to download movies and video programs that are not available over the satellite, then view them later. The ViP622 DVR is the first receiver that will have access to the DishONLINE service, with other models receiving access in the future.

Just thought I would share these interesting finds. :)

I don't remember hearing about the 213 before. The others I think we all knew about.

Sounds like some interesting (and looong awaited) feature release announcements are afoot...thanks for the teasers. Can't wait to hear what you find out...

Ya.. it looks like a rifle..

But maybe it's an umbrella?? (after all, Scott DID say that it was a big thunderstorm down there) :)

ViP Receiver USB Connectivity - "External Hard Drive: Connect select 45GB (or larger) hard drives for expandd storage capacity"

There is a complete section of setting up home networking for the 622. Items of interest:
DishONLINE (enabled by a future software update) allows customers with compatable satellite receivers to use their home broadband internet service to download movies and video programs that are not available over the satellite, then view them later. The ViP622 DVR is the first receiver that will have access to the DishONLINE service, with other models receiving access in the future.

Scott - These features were already announced at last year's Summit, with an expected release by the end of '06. Are they closer to actually making them available and if so, do you think we are going to hear a more definitive date from E* as to when we can expect them??

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=68239
He then showed the USB Archiving and mentions it will be available later this year for the 942 and 622, When you archive a show it is NOT copied to the hard drive, it is MOVED to the hard drive, this was done to satisfy the programmers.

IPTV - Yes the VIP name does mean Video of Internet Protocol, and this will open up true Video on Demand if you have a bradband connection. The service will adjust to your internet connection and will work with all speeds of internet service. In some cases it will download video to your receiver to prevent buffering and in addition they are planning on offering HIGH DEFINITION movies via VIP.

The planned offerings for VIP is as follows -
Hollywood Studio Films
HD Content
Interactive Programming
Indie Content

They hope to have this running by the end of the year.

Are they planning to do anything about piracy? Will they justify buying the cricket world cup, which most people saw for free, and not buying Baseball?

Scott: If you can, please ask what size and brand(s) of usb hard drives have been tested and proven to work. Just planning for the future and some of those external hard drives are pretty dang cheap now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts