How's that PVR coming along?

Voom's stance: PVR is against our religion.

Voom's statement: DVR coming soon!

ChetK,

How's your 4-6 HD channels coming along? Divide that by the $1k DVR cost and each channel is $167 to $250 per channel. Woo Hoo... I'll wait for the lease option...

Bilodeaumj said:
ChetK,

How's your 4-6 HD channels coming along? Divide that by the $1k DVR cost and each channel is $167 to $250 per channel. Woo Hoo... I'll wait for the lease option...

Ah, that's always the argument isn't it? I've got news for you, you can only watch one channel at a time. And if you'd don't have a PVR, you often miss the actual shows you want to see.

You do have a point. I think everyone really does want one. I'm just not going to give up my HD motherload to get one (yet...)

I'm a channel flipper and am usually watching 2-3 shows at the same time. Question: Why doesn't VOOM go one up on everyone else in the world and offer a remote with a 2-3 previous channel memory list? That would be a good thing!

ChetK said:
Ah, that's always the argument isn't it? I've got news for you, you can only watch one channel at a time. And if you'd don't have a PVR, you often miss the actual shows you want to see.

Actually VOOM replays their content on their exclusive channels so much that it is like having a poor man's DVR.

2 more weeks. ;)

All kidding aside, I rarely sit down and watch a movie live. I'd rather record it to my PVR and play it back at my leisure than sit through an entire 1.5 to 2 hours at a stretch. PVR's have totally spoiled me. :p Besides, I can justify the degradation of PQ viewing it through my PVR, I can't justify it watching it live. :cool:

Its quantity, thats what I've learned. I dropped voom because of ongoing billing errors. Went to cable and have their hd dvr now, but I miss voom something awful. Cable has hdnet, hdnet movies, discovery hd, hbo-sho-strz hd, so thats like 6 or 7 hd channels. No east-west either, just one hd feed for cable. Having a hd recorder is very nice, but not much to record. I caught more hd programming with voom, even without a pvr, because they had the east-west feeds and their own voom channels. Yes, as you may have already guessed, I'm considering returning to voom. I rather have quantity. Why cant voom get their hd pvr going? They'd scoop the satellite world, with a pvr and all that programming, and truly give all the others a run for their $$$. I could actually see voom exceeding D* in popularity if their pvr came into the mix. It just makes no sense at all voom has none, especially this late in the game. Tragic!!!

randym431 said:
They'd scoop the satellite world, with a pvr and all that programming, and truly give all the others a run for their $$$. I could actually see voom exceeding D* in popularity if their pvr came into the mix.

uuhhh, yeah. an i here that they are wearing winter coates in he!!. u dreaming randym. wake up. haha. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts