palmtb0072.jpg

Pre3, standard specs, available in summer
palmtb0095.jpg

TouchPad
palmtb0108.jpg

palmtb0110.jpg

Diogen.

Last edited:
By the looks of it, and the symbiosis between the TouchPad and Pre3, very similar to the RIM products.
Will probably compete for the same customers, mostly business...

Diogen.

First the Tablet is 1.6lbs and will be available sometime in the summer= fail
Second Pre 3?? A 80mah battery increase to go along with power hungry chip-set and it still small available sometime in the summer= Fail

Why HP why? I so wanted to get a WebOS device I have the money in my pocket. Why did you disappoint people so bad

The interesting part of this 2-hour long event - no carriers, no pricing.
With the TouchPad I'd guess they wait for the iPad 2 pricing...

Diogen.

Interesting...

If there was one unexpected announcement during this event, it was the Veer, credit card size smartphone.

Recent FCC filing shows that this filing is from Palm, not HP, i.e. most likely quite old (updated with the latest webOS)
HP Veer shows its cute little face in FCC -- Engadget

And now WSJ speculates that Apple is getting ready to release a phone that is half as big and costs half as much, as the iPhone
Apple Works on Line of Less-Expensive iPhones - WSJ.com
One of the people, who saw a prototype of the phone late last year, said the device is intended for sale alongside
Apple's existing line. The new device would be about half the size of the iPhone 4, which is the current model.

The new phone would be available to carriers at about half the price of the main iPhone repertoire.

Diogen.

EDIT:
Another interesting tidbit from that WSJ article is the price carriers pay for the iPhone: $625 on average.
Considering the customer gets it for $200 on a two year plan, about $18/month of any such plan is just to break even for the carrier ((625-200)/24).
And that would explain why there is such a difference in cell usage costs between NA and EU.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)