HPR2000 failure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lzboy6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 17, 2014
California
Hello Folks,

Having received assistance in the past from this forum I could use and would appreciate some help again.

I have a Mitsubishi WD52628 in which our lamp failed yesterday with a pronounced bang. This is an old set
but it really has a quality picture and lamps to fail in this units.

I noticed that our Hopper turned off when the lamp failure happened. I thought nothing of it at the time. Got a new lamp today and installed it and tv working again fine. Apple TV no problem, DVD player no problem. I turned the Hopper on and all we got was the Hopper setting up screen, and then the 535 message code about seeking signal. This happened repeatedly. I could not open the Hopper set up menu nor even turn the Hopper off with the remote or manually. All these devices were on the same power strip.

Called Dish support and after a long chat, and all the various remedies suggested failed I was told there was nothing they could do and a new Hopper would be sent. All well and good. We love Dish and are long time customers.

I am asking here in case someone may have any suggestions about whether or not there is some other remedy I may try?

Thank you for any suggestions folks.
Bob

Unplug the coax and reset the receiver. Let it get to the complete signal loss screen. If it gets there, there is something with grounding. Unplug again, and put the coax back on, then plug the power cord back in.

Unplug the coax and reset the receiver. Let it get to the complete signal loss screen. If it gets there, there is something with grounding. Unplug again, and put the coax back on, then plug the power cord back in.

Thank you Chad. I will give this a try right now.

I tried this Chad. I did get to the signal lost screen. I then followed your second process and am now back in the endless loop of Hopper setting up 480 then 720 and the the 535 message, acquiring signal, should take no more than 5 minutes. When the green signal bar gets to about the 1/2 way point on the 535 message the screen goes black. In about 5 or 6 minutes blue screen comes up the Hopper setting up screen begins again.

You likely have a grounding error. How is the power cable plugged in? Is it via surge protector or straight to the outlet?

It is via surge protector. I have reset it a couple of times yesterday.

Roger that, thanks.

Hopper direct plugged to outlet. Repeating process got the lost signal screen. Did next step and am back in loop to 535 acquiring signal screen which just went black to repeat process.

Thanks Chad. I will call Dish and get the replacement Hopper on it's way. I will get the signal lost screen back as it said we may be able to watch our recorded shows.

I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Stormy_2021
Maybe you can get an upgrade to the Hopper w/ Sling out of this at least! Sucks if you lost your recordings on your existing Hopper, but good time to upgrade before the new hardware pricing takes affect! ;)

Reactions: lzboy6
Thanks Chad. I will call Dish and get the replacement Hopper on it's way. I will get the signal lost screen back as it said we may be able to watch our recorded shows.

I appreciate your help.
If you get access to your recordings, move them to an external hard drive so you can move them back to the new Hopper (or just watch from the external).

You can get there by performing the first step. Unplugging the coax and resetting the box. Dvr is accessible from complete sig loss.

Thank you all for your help and advice. It is appreciated. From the signal loss screen I can bring up our DVR saved shows and the individual links will open but nothing will play or if it tries too the picture stutters along and the screen goes black and goes back to the hopper set up and message 535 screen. One show gave a message of the content of the show is no longer available on the hard drive. Such is life.

New set up coming from Dish probably to arrive after Christmas. At least Apple TV and the DVD player work just fine.

Thanks for all the support folks and my best wishes to you all for very Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2016.
This is a landmark year for me as I turn 70 years of age on December 28.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)