HR 10-250 - a couple of questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CMB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I'm thinking of buying one due to the great deal available. I can get it over Ebay for $499 including shipping from an authorized dealer - weaknees.com. DTV will give me a $250 credit and then I get the $100 rebate. Net $150 for a HD-DVR. I can probally sell my RCA dtc-210 for $150. If I can do that I get this hardware for zero dollars....Awesome.

Now to my questions...I have PIP on my t.v. or split screen. Can I watch two different channels from the DTV HD receiver? Using s-video for one and I suppose composite for the other feed. I don't think my tv will allow s-video for one and component for the other...Does this unit have automatic resolution switching; i.e., switching from 480i to 1080i? Finally, I also have a standard def directivo, do they bill me for an additional tivo on my monthly bill or just one rate?

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Can't help on the PIP question. My TV has it but I've never used it.
2. Resolution switching can be done with the remote control by pressing the up arrow. This toggles the resolution according to what you specify at setup time.
3. I think they will bill you the $5 for an additional receiver, but there should be no additional Tivo fee.

I would call D* to confirm #3.

I just saw this, which was posted elsewhere by Brewer4:

Call retention department at D* and just mentioning thinking of leaving D* for cable and ask for the $299 HD Tivo deal with $100 rebate. Also ask for programming credits like HBO, Showtime and HD Package.

1-800-600-8977

That sounds a lot better to me than taking a chance on something on e-bay.

As for PIP, no go. No multiple outputs.
There is definetely no additional Tivo charge. There is always a mirror charge for additional receivers ($5), but one DVR fee covers all DVRs on the account. In other words, you will pay $5.99 for DVR fee+ $5 mirror fee. That's it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts