HR 20 Frozen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mgoblueltd

Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Second HR-20 died today. DTV coming Friday to bless ordering of replacement. Phone tech support reactivated my old TiVo, so at least I have TV (just not HD through the TiVo). Since TiVo is working fine, we know cables and dish/lnb are okay - problem is definitely with HR 20. I want to watch the recorded programs on the HR20 before I have to send it back. It reboots, looks for signals (which of course it can't find), exits from that screen and goes to list of recorded programs. I select one, the info screen comes up, and everything freezes. I can't even power it off - I have to unplug it.

Is there any way to kickstart this thing so that I can watch my recorded shows? I called DTV and they are stumped. They said it "should work."

Second HR-20 died today. DTV coming Friday to bless ordering of replacement. Phone tech support reactivated my old TiVo, so at least I have TV (just not HD through the TiVo). Since TiVo is working fine, we know cables and dish/lnb are okay - problem is definitely with HR 20. I want to watch the recorded programs on the HR20 before I have to send it back. It reboots, looks for signals (which of course it can't find), exits from that screen and goes to list of recorded programs. I select one, the info screen comes up, and everything freezes. I can't even power it off - I have to unplug it.

Is there any way to kickstart this thing so that I can watch my recorded shows? I called DTV and they are stumped. They said it "should work."

What happens when you plug it back in and it reboots, does it work then ?

Jimbo

Rebooting does not help - the same thing happens. I have rebooted, unplugged, sworn at it, and it still freezes when it gets to the "play" screen. Any ideas?

Go Blue!!!

Last edited:
Rebooting does not help - the same thing happens. I have rebooted, unplugged, sworn at it, and it still freezes when it gets to the "play" screen. Any ideas?

Go Blue!!!
Well there's your problem ....
It's obvious to me that your problem is due to your alliance to the "Team up North" !!!

I think I would give D* a call, they will run you thru the same stuff you already have, possibly do a re- format, if that doen't help, then they will send you another one.

Jimbo

Thought someone might like to know "diagnosis." Tech just left here - new receiver on order. However, old one now working (for now). He said problem is a short inside the box - recommends unplugging power cord for several hours (I had unplugged it before, but only for a few minutes) and trying again if problem reoccurs before new box arrives next week. I'll see ......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts