Hr-22 and Windows Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As the OP asked about media sharing the HR22 and you're going on about Windows 7 and the XBox360, it would seem:

1. you're not understanding the question
2. you've chosen to ignore it and tell a personal story of media sharing between devices not including the HR22
3. you're recommending that the OP forget about trying to make media share work with the HR22.
The original qestion has been answered. NO you can't play MKVs on the HR2x (natively).
As any good member of the forum, I offered another solution. What have you brought to this thread? Nothing, so run along.
The OP may not be getting the answers he wants about the HR2x's video playback capabilities but he appreciate the fact that I am taking my time to try and help.

If all of your 2700+ post are this useless you are wasting a lot of your time and ours.

I can't see any reason whatsoever why the OP doesn't want to use Directv2pc. It works pretty well and is very user friendly. If he can use Windows Media Player, why not use Directv2pc ?

I am not a big fan of Direct to PC. The new verison will not recognize my Onboard graphics card and I have yet to find a way to change security to allow its use. I have a ASUS motherboard on with Dual Core 5200+ AMD(one year old). I have not had much luck on even running the older version which runs off my Processor and not Video card. Hopefully all of this will be fixed in the future.

I think the easiest way is to have a a/v video card. I have an ATI 9600 All In Wonder card, which has audio/video in and out (coax, composite, S-video and DVI), as well as a TV tuner. I can use my hard drive as a DVR, and burn to DVD's (no copywrited material, of course! ;)), as well as send content to the TV.

Last edited:
As for watching Directv on your PC with out TV2PC not possible yet that I am aware. As for Pictures, Audio and Video it is possible by doing what this link tells you to you will be fine(Discussion Forum) As for formats Video is MPEG2, MP3 and I believe JPEG. I have done video and music without issue.
I am able to see my photos, but am unable to watch videos.

To address the OP's other question, you need to run a media server, such as WMP11, Viiv, Playon or Tversity. Only MPEG2 is supported natively, others will need to be converted if the server cannot transcode them.

Im trying VUZE. works fine so far but its something i found out about last night

Try using ORB. Its free. It will see the receiver and allows for other Formats. I can watch AVI files unlike WM Share or Playon. This is nice to have because Handbrake will rip a DVD to AVI and the picture just fine on my Vizio 37".

The only way to use the ethernet connection to view content is via MRV or the DirecTV2PC, which you say you don't want. The only other way to get content out of the box is to use HDMI/component/composite outputs and feed it into a capture card on your PC.

What is a MRV?

I am not a big fan of Direct to PC. The new verison will not recognize my Onboard graphics card and I have yet to find a way to change security to allow its use. I have a ASUS motherboard on with Dual Core 5200+ AMD(one year old). I have not had much luck on even running the older version which runs off my Processor and not Video card. Hopefully all of this will be fixed in the future.

Same for me.

"DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings."

Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

Driver Provider: Nvidia
Driver date: 4/30/2009
Driver version: 8.15.11.8585
Digital Signer: MS

Not working for me either.

What is a MRV?

Multi Room Viewing.

Allows for select receivers to use the ethernet connection to view content recorded on other HD DVR's. Currently in testing in the Cutting Edge forum, go check it out for more details.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)