HR-22 *DEAD*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I hope this doesn't become a habit with D* equipment.

So I come home this afternoon. I had my DVR scheduled to record a program from 3:00 - 6:00 PM (with no over-run). I got home around 7:15PM well after this recording was scheduled to be done. I found it weird that the record light was still on, so I turned the receiver on without any problem. The masters was on, picture look fine, audio was there. I hit the list button to find out what was goingon with the screwed up recording. That was it, screen froze. I waited 5 mins. to see if it would snap out of it. Nothing. So hit reset, nothing. Unplugged, waited 2 mins and plugged back in. Nothing. The only thing that would light was the ethernet light on the rear of the unit. This POS is dead. They are sending a replacement via FedEx. Is this stuff common with D* equipment????

I hope this doesn't become a habit with D* equipment.

So I come home this afternoon. I had my DVR scheduled to record a program from 3:00 - 6:00 PM (with no over-run). I got home around 7:15PM well after this recording was scheduled to be done. I found it weird that the record light was still on, so I turned the receiver on without any problem. The masters was on, picture look fine, audio was there. I hit the list button to find out what was goingon with the screwed up recording. That was it, screen froze. I waited 5 mins. to see if it would snap out of it. Nothing. So hit reset, nothing. Unplugged, waited 2 mins and plugged back in. Nothing. The only thing that would light was the ethernet light on the rear of the unit. This POS is dead. They are sending a replacement via FedEx. Is this stuff common with D* equipment????

Not normally, I've been using my current HR20 for over two years now.
That said, it does happen from time to time.
I would leave it unplugged over night and plug it in in the morning and see if it resets, regardless of whether or not you have another one coming.

I got my replacement receiver today.

Odd thing. They replaced my HR22-100 with a HR22-100. Which was no surprise to me. My dead receiver had a manufacture dat eof 10/2008 on it. The replacement is 02/2009. Man the new one is UGLY. It has a real dull matte finish to it. I guess as they get newer, they get uglier.

You didnt say how old your "dead" receiver was. Hopefully still under waranty or else that replacement WILL extent your contract. I know from experience.

I got my replacement receiver today.

Odd thing. They replaced my HR22-100 with a HR22-100. Which was no surprise to me. My dead receiver had a manufacture dat eof 10/2008 on it. The replacement is 02/2009. Man the new one is UGLY. It has a real dull matte finish to it. I guess as they get newer, they get uglier.

They replaced your HR22-100 with a HR22-100 ?
Why is that a surprise to you ?
They generally try to replace with like items when available.

Jimbo

They replaced your HR22-100 with a HR22-100 ?
Why is that a surprise to you ?
They generally try to replace with like items when available.

Jimbo

and why would it now have a matte finish? are you sure it's the exact same model and the last three numbers after the dash are the same sobo?:)

I wasn't surprised that they replace the 22-100 with a like model. It was the cosmetic difference.
The defective receiver was a 22-100/Made is China/Manufacture date 8/08
Replacement unit 22-100/Made in Malaysia/Manufacture date 2/09

I have a house in Aruba and I am wondering if I can get the USA feed for Direct TV. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of equipment I would need to get this signal or if it is possible.

Thanks for any help
Ross

There were a few reports of these newer matte HR22s on dbstalk. They also have an EnergyStar logo on them that the shiny ones don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)