Status
Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
Cancelling D* but wondering if the OTA recording will still work on the tivo part of he HR10-250? I would assume it needs to be activated to record?

Another question...

Long story short, I only have one functional satellite input into my HR10-250. I also have an OTA antenna into the HR10-250. Should I be able to record an OTA and satellite program at the same time?

Thanks

James

You could also record 2 OTA at the same time, should you want to.

Ted

stuart628 said:
Madtown why are you leaving D*, and yes the HR10-250 needs to be activated to record.

I called last night and cancelled due to the pulling of TNTHD. I am not a Nascar fan, nor do I watch TNTHD much, but, when the provider I send my money to decides they can pull HD programming because the have a lack of bandwith, I need not give them my money anymore. I have waited for more HD...we get nothing but ads saying the leader in HD, yet E* ads channels seemingly weekly. We are asked to pay for boxes we don't own and have to call retention to get the fees waived. I might just be pissed and maybe i will change my mind before it goes of on Sunday, but man they sure dropped the ball on this one. :(

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I called last night and cancelled due to the pulling of TNTHD. I am not a Nascar fan, nor do I watch TNTHD much, but, when the provider I send my money to decides they can pull HD programming because the have a lack of bandwith, I need not give them my money anymore. I have waited for more HD...we get nothing but ads saying the leader in HD, yet E* ads channels seemingly weekly. We are asked to pay for boxes we don't own and have to call retention to get the fees waived. I might just be pissed and maybe i will change my mind before it goes of on Sunday, but man they sure dropped the ball on this one. :(

Are you going to try DISH now? Why not?

rickaren said:
Are you going to try DISH now? Why not?

yah i think so. got offer for a 622 and regular hd box for $199 and and $20 off bill for 10 months to offset of 622 and i think it was a silver package? sound right? I have had D* longer than my kids, lol, but man at some point i think loyalty is not blind nor endless. D* offered free movie channels and ST for half off but that is not the point. To me the point is they seem to have morphed into a Co. which has lost sight of the customer and what they WANT vs. what D8 wants to offer and how they present their product. I have until Sunday to change my mind ...we'll see.

D* retention (Brenda) was great as they will let me out of my contract as long as I send back my 2 h20's...rest are my boxes so I am not bashing D*'s line-level employees, they have almost always been helpful.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
yah i think so. got offer for a 622 and regular hd box for $199 and and $20 off bill for 10 months to offset of 622 and i think it was a silver package? sound right? I have had D* longer than my kids, lol, but man at some point i think loyalty is not blind nor endless. D* offered free movie channels and ST for half off but that is not the point. To me the point is they seem to have morphed into a Co. which has lost sight of the customer and what they WANT vs. what D8 wants to offer and how they present their product. I have until Sunday to change my mind ...we'll see.

D* retention (Brenda) was great as they will let me out of my contract as long as I send back my 2 h20's...rest are my boxes so I am not bashing D*'s line-level employees, they have almost always been helpful.

Good Luck and enjoy! I still have D* too but really enjoy DISH for SD, OTA and all the HD programing. Everything is better with my set-up & DISH. Why do I still have D* you ask? Use both SD & HD Tivo receivers (have bought back-up receivers too) as back-ups and thought they were going to be the leader in HD. Still could happen in about 7 months, but clearly they have dropped the ball. May have the best having both someday, but for now DISH is my #1 choice. You will be surprised with your change. Don't wait till Sunday, do it today! Get the Platinum Package to start with. You will love the VIP 622 DVR, too. Use it to feed another set in SD.

hope to see you around here again Madtown, Dish is good, and I know Directvs back is up against the wall, I am really holding out hope that in about 9 months we will have plenty of HD, as you can see though from my sig, I havent been around that long, but I dont think I am going anywhere in a while either!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts