HR10-250 has top edge noise on ota

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beo

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Some of my OTA channels (10-abc, 15-fox) has a noisy pixelated top edge (black and white blocks). I see this when I set the HR10-250 output to 720p or 1080i. I have a Panny 50px50u plasma. These channels are displayed properly by the internal tuner when I hook up a wire to the tv's antenna input.

The HR10-250 antenna connection is the standard 50$ d* dishmount, carried diplexed. However, when I disconnect this line and hook up a basic wire, I see the same pixilated noisy line on these channels. I don't think I need attenuation, as signal strength is lower with my adhoc rabbit ears, but I see the same effect.

I think abc and fox transmit 720p. Is my HR10-250 not scaling 720p correctly?

Any help appreciated.

Beo

edit, I'm in phoenix arizona, and my ota signal strength is strong (+90%)

Last edited:
Your tv has little to no overscan and is showing the line 21 closed caption data. Nothing is configured wrong. Until there's no more analog programming or deaf people you'll either have to live with it or use the internal tuner which obviously was designed to cut off the first few lines to avoid the problem.

So everyone with the HR10-250 either has a tv with more (or adjustable overscan) or is living with this? I'm amazed.

I have the HR10-250 and 2 of my OTA channels experience this when set to 1080i, I change it to 740p and it's fine.

Different TVs = Different results

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts