HR10-250 HD TiVo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gsldc

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Is it worth $999? How is the HDTV on Tivo? How well does this unit work. I have the Dish 811 with a Toshiba 51HX83 HDTV, and I'm sick of the 811's poor SD PQ.

a) Very much worth the money.
b) HD OTA is spectacular, and the unit pulls in stations I couldn't get before. DirecTV HD is a little compressed, but still far above DVD quality.
c) I have had mine since May 8th and it has performed flawlessly.

We are offering satelliteguys forum members an additional $10% courtesy discount and including a 6 color logoed HD DVR shirt all double boxed to ensure safe travel to your door.

Your cost is $899.99 plus 15. shipping, no tax.

-Robert

You mention SD picture quality. As a former 811 owner I know the OTA NTSC PQ was horrible, so I was wondering if that was the PQ you're talking about. Because if it is, the HR10-250 will not tune in OTA NTSC stations, only ATSC.

Besides that, if you have the $'s the box is great.

The PQ on the 811 (being a former owner of one) was horrible period.

I didn't realize that the HD-Tivo couldn't tune in NTSC broadcasts. My HTL-HD box does. Not that it should matter though.

I just wish they weren't so damned expensive.

I am in an area that cannot get OTA HD transmissions.

The 811 had awful SD PQ, but very good HDTV especially thru DVI. but I only got 1 HD channel.

I have to wait 3 more months until my year subscription with Dish runs out, then it's hello Direct TV Tivo HD!

Neutron said:
I didn't realize that the HD-Tivo couldn't tune in NTSC broadcasts. My HTL-HD box does. Not that it should matter though.

The HR10-250 doesn't have a MPEG encoder in it so it wouldn't make sense to have NTSC since you wouldn't be able to use any Tivo functionality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts