HR10-250 locking up after new software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nobra81

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
I was wondering how many people are having problems with there dvr, since the upgrade in software? Every 2 or 3 days mine locks up and reboots itself. Any ideals on the problem or how to correct it?

thanks
steve

I've had the same problem, albeit infrequently. Normally, the HR10-250 locks up when I'm watching college football on Saturdays and flipping back and forth between multiple games. But it hasn't locked up for a while now (in fact, I can't even remember the last time it did). All I did when it locked up was reboot it.

I was wondering how many people are having problems with there dvr, since the upgrade in software? Every 2 or 3 days mine locks up and reboots itself. Any ideals on the problem or how to correct it?

thanks
steve

The HR10-250 I have locks up daily when switching between OTA channels. Sometimes it re-boots itself, but most times I have to cycle power on the Tivo. I have no ideas except it started happening at the time the new software was activated. I do not wish to upgrade to the HR20 any time soon, but will probably have to for next football season when 10 goes on line. In the meantime, it would be nice if D* actually works on fixing some bugs in the HR20, implements dual buffer, and actually gets OTA working. I know, dream on.:rolleyes:

Don

Flipping between channels here too. Doesn't seem to be while changing channels, but while using the Prev/Last channel button.

I'm not 100% certain on that, but I believe it to be true.

Yes-- after software upgrade, started experiencing both lockups and reboots.....
-- Only had 2 true lockups-- where the only out is to pull the plug .......
-- Several other soft lockups-- no response to any command, but after a while, it goes through a reboot sequence
-- Almost daily reboots ..... always when changing channel, switching tuners, trying to bring up the guide, or going to Now Playing. Happens most often close to time changes (top or bottom of hour). Even had it hang with menu overlaying programming....
-- Rig is stock HR10-250. Both OTA and D*.
-- Of course, the anoying audio drops ..... don't know if that is rig or from OTA stations.....

Yes-- after software upgrade, started experiencing both lockups and reboots.....

Good thing I haven't touched my phone cord - it's still laying unattached on the floor. :)

I'm sure I'd be annoyed with all the problems, but I'd really have hell to pay with the other half if it was rebooting all the time, and missing recordings... :eek:

Dec 5th, and I still don't have the upgrade! Not that I want it, given all the issues I have read about. But I have phone cord connected, the unit makes its daily calls without issue. I even think the software upgrade has loaded, but for some reason, it hasn't installed yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts