HR10-250 Standard Definition Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

panajim22

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
I could use some help.

Here is my problem:

I have a Panasonic TH-50PX50U hooked up to a D* HR10-250 HD Tivo box using the HDMI cables. I have 2 satellite lines and 1 off-air line coming into it. My signal strength is greater than 88. The HD picture (from satellite and from air) look fantastic. The standard definition does not.

The SD content is very very pixelated. On a 50 inch screen, you can see rectangles about .5x1 inch in size. Also, the picture on the top edge (about a .25 inch) of the screen is blurry and fuzzy. And the same is happening on the left edge of the screen.

Here is what I have tried:

I have tried using all different cables. I have had the box replaced by D*. The wires from the dish have been completely replaced. What did help make the picture better was switching from 1080i to 480i. The picture gets better, but I still get pixelation and the left edge fuzziness. I also hooked up my other standard def box to the Panasonic, and it's picture was great.

So I have been looking at the HR10-250 for the problem, but have exhausted all my efforts. Has anybody heard of this problem or know of a way to fix it?

Jim

SD channels look like crap on hdtvs. The fuzzy edges are intentional, standard definition televisions have a large amount of overscan so DirecTV doesn't use as much bits to encode those areas.

When you say you've used different cables ar you saying you've tried S-vid for SD? On Pioneer and many other HDTV's SD looks better if fed thru S-video to let the TV do all the processing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts