HR10-250 w/6.3a update still having dolby audio drop outs :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VettePilot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Garland, TX (Near Dallas)
Looks like the new software update has not fixed all of the problems :( I am still having dolby audio drop outs with the new 6.3a update.

I experienced it several times after watching a recording of House that I recorded on OTA HD local station here in Dallas.

Can't wait to get my new HR20-700 on the 2nd so I can unload this POS TIVO!!!

I've never had a problem, prior I was hooked up with an optical cable, now I am hooked up with HDMI and haven't had a problem wit the DD

I am hooked up with HDMI to TV and Optical to receiver. Still getting Audio dropouts with DD with 6.3a

No dropouts here

Received the 6.3a upgrade yesterday afternoon. I had no DD dropouts b4 and have none now. Using optical cable to my Sony surround sound amp. Working very well here. Knock on wood.

Agreed, sounds like a problem with your dvr, you may want to address it before your warranty expires. I assume your audio receiver works fine with DVD and/or video game system. I have an HR10-250 and have never had audio problems using optical out.

I have also hear that this problem tends to occur on hacked units -

Mine's not hacked nor never been opened. Never had any problems before 6.3 or 6.3a. Was watching last week's Bones last night and had 2 dropouts - 1 always right near the beginning a few minutes in

Interesting - how old is the unit - I recieved mine in June.

Optical was hooked to a Sony STR-DE935, now I am hooked up with HDMI to a Pioneer VSX-84txsi

It's started happening here too. Major audio dropouts...black screens. It was working perfectly before the update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts