HR20 "0x115" Forced Update Only; During "Elvis" window.. 01/08/2007 and 01/09/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
New Software 01/08/2007
Manufacture 700 - 0x115 (Thanks to Earl) for the 411. :hatsoff:

I Did a force d/l around 10pm local time and downloaded the newest FW 0x115.

For those who missed the January 8th download via 02468*, there will be a 2nd chance on:

Tuesday: January 9, 2007
11pm - 1:30am (EST)
8PM-10:30PM (PST)

*(Force FW download) .. If you dont know how to Force, follow this:

1) Hit the Red-Reset button by access card (open slot on right side)
2) 0n the first splash screen hit 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote.
3) Wait for download confirmation and let it download 100% (Do not power off during force download)

New Software 01/08/2007
Manufacture 700 - 0x115 (Thanks to Earl) for the 411. :hatsoff:

I Did a force d/l around 10pm local time and downloaded the newest FW 0x115.

For those who missed the January 8th download via 02468*, there will be a 2nd chance on:

Tuesday: January 9, 2007
11pm - 1:30am (EST)
8PM-10:30PM (PST)

*(Force FW download) .. If you dont know how to Force, follow this:

1) Hit the Red-Reset button by access card (open slot on right side)
2) 0n the first splash screen hit 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote.
3) Wait for download confirmation and let it download 100% (Do not power off during force download)

Any insight as to what this update is doing ?
Why force an update if yopu don't know what it is for ?
It WILL come sooner or later.

Jimbo

He omit a lot info from Earl Bonovich's post at DBSTalk.
Regular ppl could never have it, and if you'll DL it you'll have no right to complain and will obligate to post bugs at DBSTalk.

He omit a lot info from Earl Bonovich's post at DBSTalk.
Regular ppl could never have it, and if you'll DL it you'll have no right to complain and will obligate to post bugs at DBSTalk.

So waht is this update doing ?
he also didn't leave a link to it, unfortunatly...
theres so much going on over there, I could not find it.

jimbo

Thier server appears to be tied up at the moment.
Has anyone learned what this update is doing ?

The last time they had an advanced update was when the OTA tuners were turned on....Anything of importance in this update ?

Update:
HR20: RC 0x115
This is a release candidate, available for force download on 1/8/2007 and 1/9/2007. If you did not try to pull this version during the two windows... you will not be able to obtain this version until it goes national.

Fixes

* Stability
* Audio/video 3-5 second off after trickplay
* Sporadic DD audio drop outs
* Recording reliability: auto record keyword, title, series-link, and manual recordings should all work as expected.
* Trickplay reliability improvements
* Black screen on playback of a recording
* Sporadic "Do You want to Delete?" on playback of a recording
* Reboot after software download equal to reset button

Improvements

* Improved guide rendering speed
* HDMI TV Compatibility
* Faster audio/video recovery after trickplay
* CallerID
* ATSC tunning improvement

New Features

* The following keys will bring the box out of standby and go straight to screen: Power, Guide, List, Menu, Info, Channel Up, Channel Down

Discussion Thread:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=75656

Jimbo

Thier server appears to be tied up at the moment.
Has anyone learned what this update is doing ?

The last time they had an advanced update was when the OTA tuners were turned on....Anything of importance in this update ?

Update:
HR20: RC 0x115
This is a release candidate, available for force download on 1/8/2007 and 1/9/2007. If you did not try to pull this version during the two windows... you will not be able to obtain this version until it goes national.

Fixes

* Stability
* Audio/video 3-5 second off after trickplay
* Sporadic DD audio drop outs
* Recording reliability: auto record keyword, title, series-link, and manual recordings should all work as expected.
* Trickplay reliability improvements
* Black screen on playback of a recording
* Sporadic "Do You want to Delete?" on playback of a recording
* Reboot after software download equal to reset button

Improvements

* Improved guide rendering speed
* HDMI TV Compatibility
* Faster audio/video recovery after trickplay
* CallerID
* ATSC tunning improvement

New Features

* The following keys will bring the box out of standby and go straight to screen: Power, Guide, List, Menu, Info, Channel Up, Channel Down

Discussion Thread:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=75656

Jimbo

You beat me to it.:D

It's a bunch of bug fixes.

Yeap. It seems to be working better then 10b (at least for my HR20).
You do need to re-do the OTA setup for all local channels to come in.

Don't forget guys.. you can only force the download during that 2 1/2 hour Window tonight.

Tonight @ 11pm to 130am Eastern Time

Tonight @ 10pm to 1230am Central Time

Tonight @ 9pm to 1130pm Mountain Time

Tonight @ 8pm to 1030pm Pacific Time

I assume if I download the beta firmware and then find it is AFU, I can then force another download tomorrow or later and go back to 0x10b, right?

I assume if I download the beta firmware and then find it is AFU, I can then force another download tomorrow or later and go back to 0x10b, right?

Yep, if you download the beta 115 and it's fubar for you then after the windows 10b is in the stream again and if you force another download you'll go back to 10b. That's one of the nice things about these windows, you can go back if you really need to.

Yep, if you download the beta 115 and it's fubar for you then after the windows 10b is in the stream again and if you force another download you'll go back to 10b. That's one of the nice things about these windows, you can go back if you really need to.

Regardless, he will still have it download in the next week or so.

I for one hope it helps, I'm trying to keep up with House tonight and if I back it up to catch something I missed, when it gets to the point I stopped, it has audio drop outs.

Jimbo

Generally NO.
However, if you don't download it now, it will come to you regardless in a few days.

Jimbo

Not necessarly, with the 1st special download enough problems were discovered that the version never made it to the general public and a new 'santa' release was made available in a few days, that one did make it to the general public. So I think you can assume if D* sees enough bad feedback the release won't make it to GA.

Not necessarly, with the 1st special download enough problems were discovered that the version never made it to the general public and a new 'santa' release was made available in a few days, that one did make it to the general public. So I think you can assume if D* sees enough bad feedback the release won't make it to GA.
Rad,
Are you refering to this download or the one back around Dec. 1st that activated the OTA tuners ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)