Hr20-100 SWM Connection Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
I just converted my RV to SWM. I have DECA at home so I could not duplicate the connections. HR20-100's with DECA require use of both SAT1 and SAT2 for SWM. The inbound siganal is split. SAT1 gets the DECA feed and SAT2 gets a straight feed with a Band Stop filter.

Anyway back to the RV. When I hooked it up to SAT1 it auto-switched to SWM and SL3 but generated a "SWM not activated" error. I switched it to SAT2 and it works.

My question is:

It works but IS IT RIGHT?

You'll want to run the "Repeat Sat Set Up " when going from one to the other, this allows you to TELL it what dish your using .... probably won't have to when going BACK to the SWM as it automatically looks for it first (it should see the addl. voltage and know).

That's why I went to SWM. Going on the road with Multiswitch required a manual setup while coming back in the house was plug n play with SWM. The RV now sees the SWM SL3 and auto-switches from the home SWM SL5. Come back in the house and plug it in and it switches back to the SWM SL5.

My question was, Is it correct to use the SAT2 IN connector for SWM on an HR20-100. It will not work on SAT1 IN but it does on SAT2 IN. Just wanted to know if that was right. I do know DECA requires both SAT1 andSAT2 be used on the HR20-100. Something to do with the SAT1 port but I don't recall if it was power, signal, or software. The work around was feeding both. I think SAT1 does DECA and SAT2 does Sat reception but I really don't know squat. Just guessing.

I just want to know if HR20-100 use the SAT2 port instead of the SAT1. If not, I have a fluke.

Interesting, mine tells me which one to use, it is labelled FTM which was the old name for it, before it became active.
BTW, mine is set up on Sat 1, Sat 2 is not labelled anything and I don't use it when using the SWM.

I think your is a fluke, if it works in port 2 and not 1 then I would use that one, but it does seem odd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)