HR20-700 Best Deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Anyone get a recent good deal on one of these units?

I already have the overpriced DirecTV HD Package and a Sony SAT-HD200 receiver and have nothing bad to say about it but am ready to enter the HD-DVR world! AM I better off getting it through DirecTV or getting it elsewehere? I don't need a "professional" installation. !sadroll

Anyone get a recent good deal on one of these units?

I already have the overpriced DirecTV HD Package and a Sony SAT-HD200 receiver and have nothing bad to say about it but am ready to enter the HD-DVR world! AM I better off getting it through DirecTV or getting it elsewehere? I don't need a "professional" installation. !sadroll

If you don't need a "professional" installation, who is going to install the AT9 dish?

Hopefully not the same moron that 'attempted' to install my 3 LNB dish several years ago. I told him to just leave the cable and materials on the driveway and leave! Is there a problem with this DVR working with a 3LNB dish? No need for the AT9 dish in my area (yet).

Hopefully not the same moron that 'attempted' to install my 3 LNB dish several years ago. I told him to just leave the cable and materials on the driveway and leave! Is there a problem with this DVR working with a 3LNB dish? No need for the AT9 dish in my area (yet).

It will work just fine, except you won't get any of the mpeg4 channels, which are the local hd channels and rsn's in hd. Next year when the new sats go up you won't get any of those channels, either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)