hr20-700 picture issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

auioexpert811

Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I recently had my house rewired with RG-6 while i was remodeling. I had D* hooked up and they installed the 5LNB Dish with a multiswitch in the basement. The signal looks well from the techs. signal meter and the signal meter built in to dvr. But actual picture looks horrible. I can't figure out where I went wrong. The display is a brand new Smasung 46" 1080P LCD Display. The picture is pixelated, and washed out. The tech support people told me to change the output resolution but that didn't seem to work. Itried gonig HDMI first, then tried Component. Looks the same. Swapped Boxes same issue. Swapped diplay, same issue. I am positive there are no splitters on any Reciever feeds. Any Suggestions???

I recently had my house rewired with RG-6 while i was remodeling. I had D* hooked up and they installed the 5LNB Dish with a multiswitch in the basement. The signal looks well from the techs. signal meter and the signal meter built in to dvr. But actual picture looks horrible. I can't figure out where I went wrong. The display is a brand new Smasung 46" 1080P LCD Display. The picture is pixelated, and washed out. The tech support people told me to change the output resolution but that didn't seem to work. Itried gonig HDMI first, then tried Component. Looks the same. Swapped Boxes same issue. Swapped diplay, same issue. I am positive there are no splitters on any Reciever feeds. Any Suggestions???

Is the RG6 satellite rated to 2300 MHz (2.3 GHz)? Not all RG6 is the same. For instance cable tv RG6 (Britewire) is only rated to 1000 MHz (1 GHz). Rarely will the 1000 MHz rated RG6 work with satellite, it's possible but signal quality will be terrible. The copper core of the RG6 is not as thick as the satellite grade, so that is why you need to make sure you have RG6 that is rated to 2300 MHz (2.3 GHz). Most of the DirecTV installers use RG6 rated to 3000 MHz (3 GHz). It should be printed on the RG6 the rating or bandwidth it can handle.

Is the RG6 satellite rated to 2300Mhz or 2.3 Ghz? Not all RG6 is the same. For instance cable tv RG6 (Britewire) is only rated to 1000Mhz or 1 Ghz. Rarely will the 1000 Mhz rated RG6 work with satellite, it's possible but signal quality will be terrible. The copper core of the RG6 is not as thick as the satellite grade, so that is why you need to make sure you have RG6 that is rated to 2300 Mhz or 2.3 Ghz. Most of the DirecTV installers use RG6 rated to 3000 Mhz or 3 Ghz.

HUH? RG6 from the ODU to the IRD will not effect PQ.

Let me guess you took your tv straight out the box and hooked it up?
You need to take the time to adjust and calibrate your tv.
Click here to learn more about your tv

HUH? RG6 from the ODU to the IRD will not effect PQ.

If it's not rated to 2300 MHz (2.3 GHz) it certainly can make an impact on performance and picture quality, and on signal quality. If DirecTV did the install of the RG6 it should be fine, but if someone else did, check what is printed on the RG6 and find out what it can handle in MHz.

If it's not rated to 2300 MHz (2.3 GHz) it certainly can make an impact on performance and picture quality, and on signal quality. If DirecTV did the install of the RG6 it should be fine, but if someone else did, check what is printed on the RG6 and find out what it can handle in MHz.

Negative. It will not effect PQ. Not using the correct RG6 can cause voltage drop and premature rain fade. The output for an IRD is only RF and RG59 would work, but he isn't using coax cable but HDMI and component. The OP issues seem to be more TV set-up and orientation issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)