HR20/700 Sometimes Refuses to Play

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
A couple times in the last week, I've gone to watch a recorded show, and I immediately get the "Do you want to delete" popup. The length of the show is 1 hour, which I expect, and I saw the orange light on during the show, which indicates it was recording. I did a re-boot, and now the show is no longer in my playlist.. Like it never existed. The other shows in my play list play fine.

Is this a sign of a bad HD?

mine did that right before the drive died. i recommend you write down your season pass list, if yours is like mine it is a PITA to try and remember all the shows you wish to record!

I've been having the same problem. Finally called DTV last night and they said it's a known problem with a software fix coming out "soon"

Could be, although it'd probably be a disk problem and then he'd have other symptoms too.

Whats happening is that the file system is becoming corrupt for that show entry, making it not play. When he reboots it, it does a file system check and tosses out the corrupt portions, which makes the show disappear.

Used to be a bug where the software was corrupting the show entry, which supposedly was solved.

Try this out, reboot the receiver and when it says 'running self test' hit the 'select' button on the remote or front panel. It should kick into the advanced test menu. Run all the basic tests. In the advanced disk test menu, select the disk you're using (if you have more than one) and run the smart short test and the file system test. It wont take that long to do either. If you have a few hours and wont be recording anything, run the smart long test.

If that comes up good, your receiver hardware and disk are probably good.

I personally have 3 HR20's and one was acting very similar to the OP.. connected an external HDD and problem solved for well over 2yrs now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)