HR20-700 Video Output Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
Will the HR20-700 simultaneously output 720p or 1080i on the HDMI or component and still have 480i coming out of the composite video if you wanted to watch HD but record to a DVD at the same time?

(instead of later sending the recorded show to a DVD recorder or video recorder) (or, if you wanted to output the receiver to a modulator/distributor and still watch HD on your primary set?)

Thanks.

The composite output will be either 16:9 or 4:3, depending on what you have set up. 16:9 on a 4:3 receiver looks somewhat squished.

Thanks for the answers.

Bob-I assume this means that if I'm watching high def, but also trying to record a DVD at the same time, or output the show to a whole house standard def modulator, I'll get that funny looking squished effect on all the other TVs?

In this case, the composite output would be the right number of lines and live, but matching the aspect ratio was not something I'd thought of. This goes to show that there's never a bad question in this place-there's always someone way smarter than me, anyway. As is, it took me more than one try to match the aspect ratio settings on our video display with the aspect ratio settings on the receiver-telling them both 16:9 did not work at all until I also told the receiver and TV to 'panel' any standard def output.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts