HR20 and Heavy Rain

Status
Please reply by conversation.
V,
I know what you said, but the 3 sats you mentioned have nothing to do with either , new channels or mpeg 4 or anything, you will not get any of the new channels from any of the sats you mentioned.

Jimbo
I know that. You know that. But Someone needs to tell D* CSR's that. What I said was that I was told by the CSR that if those 3 sats were coming in strong I wouldnt have a problem with the new sat locations.

In your own posting (#26) in this thread you said there was nothing wrong with the dish.
In regard to rain fade and picking up the 3 sats that I get now I was correct. The signal levels are high. The discussion now is about the new sat locations. Please try to follow along.

Something else is wrong because it is supposed to take a lot more rain to cause rain fade.

< 1/8"/hr = 0.01dB signal loss
1/2"/hr = 1dB signal loss
1"/hr = 2.5dB signal loss
4"/hr = 12dB signal loss - will affect signal regardless of how well dish is peaked
10"/hr = 40dB signal loss

How do you know how hard it rained here? A typical 2 or 5 yr storm (from my memory of the rainfall intesity curves) here of 15 minute duration is about 3.5-4.0 in/hr. And BTW you can get signal loss without one rain drop actually touching your dish. It can rain hard near you and cause it.

How do you know how hard it rained here? A typical 2 or 5 yr storm (from my memory of the rainfall intesity curves) here of 15 minute duration is about 3.5-4.0 in/hr. And BTW you can get signal loss without one rain drop actually touching your dish. It can rain hard near you and cause it.

You still haven't responded to my post #44.

In regard to rain fade and picking up the 3 sats that I get now I was correct. The signal levels are high. The discussion now is about the new sat locations. Please try to follow along.

V, you must have been the Wife of a supremely miserable person in another life--not always right, but NEVER wrong!:rolleyes:

I don't know and don't care how hard it rained, I was just trying to help. And you're right, if there is a big enough storm in your LOS it will cause issues with your signal also.

Transponder readings on 103(a) are:

1. 38
2. 0
3. 0
4. 22
5. 38
6. 0
17 0

I dont recieve HDLIL in this area yet.if I switch to the signal meter I get nada for about, Im guessing 2 minutes and then 38 if I am on transponder 1 or 5.
Comment?

V, you must have been the Wife of a supremely miserable person in another life--not always right, but NEVER wrong!:rolleyes:
LOL. No but it seems impossible to get qualified installers around here. And most of the CSRs while very very friendly and polite are just not knowledgeable. :(

Transponder readings on 103(a) are:

1. 38
2. 0
3. 0
4. 22
5. 38
6. 0
17 0

I dont recieve HDLIL in this area yet.if I switch to the signal meter I get nada for about, Im guessing 2 minutes and then 38 if I am on transponder 1 or 5.
Comment?

If you have no locals in your area, of course your readings are low. Some of the receivers are slow to show readings, but two minutes seems much too slow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts