HR20 audio drops

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkh1978

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Got the new slimline dish and HR20. The audio is dropping for like 5 seconds at a time (randomly). I've only noticed it on the HR20. So am I right that it is that receiver only and not the new dish? Will a firmware upgrade solve this? Do I need the receiver replaced?

definitely the problem is the receiver or the hdmi cable(if you have a hdmi cable of course).The dish is suppouse to give signal, not sound.I tell you this because I am a DTV-tech

definitely the problem is the receiver or the hdmi cable(if you have a hdmi cable of course).The dish is suppouse to give signal, not sound.I tell you this because I am a DTV-tech

the signal you recieve also has the audio portion in it as well, it could be a weak signal as well or potentially other things as well, Don't throw the receiver away just yet.
Is this happening on one perticular channel or all channels ?
OTA as well as sat ?

If you are using HDMI cable, disconnect it and use a Component and Audio cable for a little while and see if it still does it. Also, being intermittant will make it more difficult to isolate.

Jimbo

Thanks guys for the response on this. I too have watched this happen in a sports bar for the first half of the playoff game of SDO chargers, audio drops from 4 -7 seconds. I came home for the second half and experienced it there as well. My signal strength is at 90% or higher on all local HD channels.

Anyone?

Thanks guys for the response on this. I too have watched this happen in a sports bar for the first half of the playoff game of SDO chargers, audio drops from 4 -7 seconds. I came home for the second half and experienced it there as well. My signal strength is at 90% or higher on all local HD channels.

Anyone?

That being the case,I would say it's NOT an issue with the OP 's reciever, more than likely a network problem.
The OP hasen't came back to say if it was happening on different channels so I would guess that it was network related.

Not that any of you are doing this, but alot of people would be jumping on D* for this and it's probably not thier problem at all.

Jimbo

Several channels... mostly on the HD locals, but that is what I've been watching the most.

I read other people report this... I am in the DC area. Would a software upgrade fix it? Or is it hardware?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)